Communications and Stakeholder Advisor
Location: Auckland, Wellington
Job Type: Full time
This is your chance to work on an iconic part of Wellington's harbour waterfront. More people than ever are cycling in and around Wellington, and Te Ara Tupua Alliance is working with our mana whenua partners, protecting the coastal environment, and creating a great walking and cycling option for people in our region. More people walking and cycling will improve public health, help reduce emissions and ease the pressure on other modes of transport.
If you’re ready for an exciting new challenge on a major infrastructure project, with real career advancement opportunities, read on.
The Opportunity | Te Kōwhiringa
The Tupua Horo Nuku Communications and Stakeholder Advisor is a full-time position that plays a critical role in ensuring exceptional communication and engagement with external stakeholders, the client, and the public involved in the Shared Path project. You will be managing engagement with many diverse customers, placing a customer lens over the work that we do and provide our stakeholders with timely and up to date information. You will be able to understand customer concerns and issues, balance these with the work programme and facilitate positive solutions for all parties.
The role will also involve:
- Face-to-face contact with the community dealing with enquiries from the public, businesses, ratepayers and residents.
- Preparation and delivery of communication material including, newsletters, web content and meetings.
- Assistance with internal events, admin support and working with the bid team as required.
Important Skills | Nga Pūkenga Matua
As the front-line communications interface, this role demands strong writing skills and the ability to manage internal communications effectively. You will need to be a dynamic, team player who is a strong problem solver. You will be someone who can manage multiple tasks and priorities and you will be someone who can think outside the box and will be solutions focused. You’ll also have:
- Excellent relationship building skills
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills and conflict resolution abilities
- Ability to deal with a diverse range of people (crew members, partners, clients and members of the public)
- Have a positive and calm demeanour with a can-do attitude
- Sound time management and record keeping skills
- An appreciation and knowledge of Tikanga, and Te Reo an advantage
Why you will enjoy working here | Ko te take ka parekareka e koe ki te mahi ki kōnei
A role with us can enable you to develop and enhance your skills and experience. Our benefits are designed to develop the whole person, at home and at work - trust us when we say we’ve got you covered. Here’s just a brief insight into some of the many things we can offer you:
- Competitive remuneration packages, overtime rates, allowances, vehicle packages, and guaranteed work
- A Flexible Working Policy, allowing work to work for you
- Access to corporate benefits such as fully subsidised healthcare with Marram Trust and national discounts across Banking, Insurance, Technology, Vehicles, childcare, travel, Accommodation + more.
- Great parental leave options - you can choose for the first 12 weeks of your return to work 4 days a week and be paid for 5
- Dedicated personal development plans that are reviewed quarterly, empowering you to take ownership of your career trajectory
- Access to over 50 training programmes including Leadership Pathways
How to apply | Me pēhea ki te tono
If you’re interested in applying, head to www.downercareers.co.nz, search 600831 and register your interest. Alternately, drop your CV into your local depot today!
Downer NZ is an equal-opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse and inclusive culture.
We are committed to a safe working environment for everyone - all successful applicants will be required to undertake a pre-employment drug test, medical and a Ministry of Justice check prior to starting employment. If you need support with this requirement, please talk to our team.