Driver Operator - Patrol Person
Job Type: Full time
Ko te take ka parekareka e koe ki te mahi ki kōnei | Why you will enjoy working here
Downer is committed to delivering excellence by ensuring our people have the environment and the means to be successful. We offer:
- Free access to Marram health care benefits and discounted holiday homes
- Full-time (40 hours) guaranteed, and overtime is available during the Summer season. Get paid even if work is delayed due to the weather!
- Safety equipment and clothing provided as part of the role
- $500 bonus for current employees who refer a friend to Downer
Have a look at our other great benefits here!
Te kōwhiringa | The Opportunity
Downer remains at the forefront of our industry by employing the best people and having the courage to challenge the status quo. Here’s your chance to join the Wanui team where we take pride in taking on projects, big and small and delivering them to world-class standards - every time!
This role supports the region on smaller maintenance initiatives and urgent repair work across the network. You will be responsible for patrolling designated roads and conducting routine and emergency maintenance to ensure the safety of the public. Your day to day tasks will include:
- Pothole repairs of both sealed and unsealed roads
- Sign maintenance and repairs
- Clearing of vegetation and litter collection
- Clearing obstructions from carriageway, footpaths and drainage systems
- Cleaning and maintaining culvert inlets and outlets as well as roadside furniture
- Maintain accurate asset information in RAMM as required to GDC/NZTA specifications
- After hours emergency response
Nga pūkenga matua | Important Skills
You will primarily have a can-do attitude and a willingness to get stuck into whatever task may be at hand. You will ideally come with some experience working on road maintenance activity and have a passion for public safety. You will be self-driven to respond appropriately to urgent and hazardous jobs and be able to work efficiently while unsupervised. You will also:
- Hold a current Class 1 and 2 Drivers Licence (preferred)
- Be able to identify and rate faults
- Show good initiative and be confident in decision making and problem solving
- Available to respond to after hours call outs when rostered
- Confident communicating with the public and management
- Show commitment to a Zero Harm environment
Ko wai mātou | Our Organisation
Want to know more about what it is like to work at Downer? Then head to our People Site here!
Me pēhea ki te tono | How to apply
If this sounds like the opportunity for you, click Apply Now to submit your application! The reference number for this role is 600445.
We are committed to a safe working environment for everyone - all successful applicants will be required to undertake a pre-employment drug test, medical and a Ministry of Justice check prior to starting employment. If you need support with this requirement, please talk to our team.