Job Type: Full time
Downer New Zealand is a leading provider of integrated services. Our commitment to building long term relationships and supporting our customers with high calibre services and solutions; the talents of our people; and consistent excellence in operational delivery sets us apart.
We require an experienced Supervisor to manage our Taupo Concreting operations, helping deliver to ongoing assignments across the Central North Island region.
About the role
As a Concrete Supervisor, you’ll be responsible for delivering to project requirements, optimising resources and pushing a zero harm work environment, all the while achieving high quality infrastructure.
You will provide leadership for your team to construct concrete footpaths, kerb & channel, concrete pads/driveways, structural concrete such as bridge and culvert concrete works. The role will take you throughout the Bay of Plenty on a day to day basis, scoping and planning sites whilst supervising your team. You will encourage collaboration, enthusiasm, upskilling, and excellent service delivery from your team.
You will be a confident leader with supervisory experience behind you, preferably in the civil contracting or concreting industry. You will have good organisation skills and the ability to adapt to change and problem solve as changes can occur in this environment. You should also have:
- Experience in the concrete industry whether it is vertical construction or roading
- Proven leadership experience with an ability to influence and empower a team
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to adapt your style to maintain relationships at all levels
- Demonstrated experience working on tight deadlines
- A NZ Certificate in Infrastructure Works (Site Supervision) or a similar qualification preferred, alternately you should be prepared to work towards this.
What's on offer?
A role with Downer New Zealand that can advance your career and expand your skills. We offer you the opportunity to join our diverse and inclusive culture, and be part of a great team, working in a collaborative environment as well as;
- Competitive salary with a company vehicle
- PPE and uniform provide along with a mobile phone and laptop
- Plenty of opportunities to build relationships with the community
- Scope for internal and external training & development programmes
- Opportunity to work on some unique and exciting projects
- Access to a range of corporate discounts and benefits
How to apply
If this sounds like the opportunity for you, click Apply Now to submit your application! The reference number for this role is 600666.
We are committed to a safe working environment for everyone - all successful applicants will be required to undertake a pre-employment drug test, medical and a Ministry of Justice check prior to starting employment. If you need support with this requirement, please talk to our team.