Job Type: Full time
Ko te take ka parekareka e koe ki te mahi ki kōnei | Why you will enjoy working here
Downer is committed to delivering excellence by ensuring our people have the environment and the means to be successful. We offer:
- Free access to Marram health care benefits and discounted holiday homes
- Overtime opportunities
- All the tools of trade you need to do your job
- Discounts for Samsung, Repco, PB Teach, Gym and memberships and more!
Have a look at our other great benefits here!
Te kōwhiringa | The Opportunity
Our Dannevirke team are looking for a Sealing Foreperson, you'll lead a team, organise, plan and direct the chip sealing operations to ensure that work is completed to a high standard. Working alongside the Supervisor, you'll carry out toolbox meetings, run crew brief plans and work together to complete first coats and reseals. You'll also be involved in other duties and operating our modern machinery such as chip and truck runners, diggers, grader and so much more.
Nga pūkenga matua | Important Skills
You will bring with you experience leading a crew with a background in chip sealing. You'll easily be able to deal with unexpected events and provide direction to your team.
- Previous bitumen and emulsion experience
- A class 1 full New Zealand drivers license (WTR and DG endorsements are beneficial)
- An organised and systemic approach to working environment
- Good communication skills, you'll be able to easily chat with your crew and also engage with clients and senior managers
Ko wai mātou | Our Organisation
Want to know more about what it is like to work at Downer? Then head to our People Site here!
Me pēhea ki te tono | How to apply
If this sounds like the opportunity for you, click Apply Now to submit your application! The reference number for this role is 600511
We are committed to a safe working environment for everyone - all successful applicants will be required to undertake a pre-employment drug test, medical and a Ministry of Justice check prior to starting employment. If you need support with this requirement, please talk to our team.