Job Type: Full time
Downer is a leading provider of end-to-end Technology and Communications service solutions and offers integrated civil construction, wireless, electrical, fibre, copper and radio network deployment capability. As we continue our evolution of growth and innovation, the best people are critical to our success in supporting our customers and catering to market demands.
Under the Telstra Field Operations (TFO) contract , Downer will provide services including network asset relocations (ARCW), wideband business services (WB), facilities design and construction activities including Tele-power and building upgrades; and a continuation of the 5G mobile rollout. These activities will be delivered across New South Wales, Victoria, Tasmania, South Australia and the Northern Territory.
ABOUT THE ROLE
We're looking for a Construction Manager in Melbourne VIC. In this role you will ensure construction activities for the project is delivered on time, within budget and to the required quality in accordance with Downer’s values, policies and procedures. Your role will also be integral in developing collaborative client relationships whilst also engaging in leadership and coaching of your team to drive performance.
- Tertiary Qualification in Engineering, Project Management or post graduate qualifications preferred
- Proven Operations management experience in a telecommunications construction environment
- Excellent working knowledge of project management principles and project delivery in a telecommunications or construction environment
- Proven ability to manage contract performance and implement effective mitigation strategies to prevent unforeseen margin adjustment
- Strong leadership, coaching and mentoring teams skills to drive success
- Operational management skills such as financial, business acumen and reporting.
WHAT WE OFFER
- Position will include a Tool of Trade Vehicle for work related purposes
- Suite of benefits including health and wellness initiatives
- Personalised career growth working with an industry leader
- Competitive remuneration with on-going training and support
For more information, please contact Puck Jonker - Recruitment & Sourcing – Puck.Jonker@downergroup.com
Please note that applications will not be accepted via email. Please submit your application via the advertisement.