Senior Project Manager - Transmission Lines
Location: Brisbane, Canberra, Dandenong South, Sydney
Job Type: Full time
Downer offers a range of services for the utility sector, incorporating traditional power and gas, renewable energy and technological communications services.
Our Power Systems team have recently secured several major projects and are seeking an experienced Senior Project Manager to join our team supporting the delivery of significant transmission line projects.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
The Senior Project Manager reports to the Operations Manager and is accountable for the successful delivery of transmission projects and/or contracts under their control. Success is measured across Zero Harm, commercial, financial, program and quality outcomes compared with Client and Downer requirements.
- Collective responsibility to develop & implement business plans and to manage the business / projects and reports.
- Maintain effective relationships to manage client expectations.
- Establish a team of capable direct reports to ensure client’s needs are met, whilst Downer’s rights are protected. Holding direct staff accountable for project/contract outcomes and compliance with Downer’s PMM.
- Ensure the project management team engage sub-contractors’ and suppliers in line with Downer’s procurement procedures, specifically ensuring that they deliver on the ZH imperatives and their specific subcontract/supply agreement.
- This position is FIFO, 19 days on (19th day travel) and 9 days off.
- Bachelor of Engineering or equivalent tertiary qualification
- Demonstrable and successful experience in a business / project operations management role gained at similar level.
- Ability to interpret and apply contracts’ terms and legislative provisions.
- Demonstrated ability in proactively building relationships with key stakeholders and developing new business opportunities.
- Experience in project planning; organisational and time management
- Preparation of operational budgets and review of financial information
- Full Time position with attractive remuneration package
- A workplace that pushes your business skills into high gear as you work on some of Australia’s and the world’s most interesting and meaningful projects.
- The ability to build your professional career in a multi-disciplined business environment.
- A workplace that takes responsibility and accountability for the care and protection of peers, the business, the communities in which we operate, and the environment.
Downer is dedicated to nurturing our people personally and professionally through skills development, competitive benefits, career pathways and fostering a proudly diverse fun and supportive workplace culture. Downer believes in our people; and we are committed to ensuring that you feel valued within the team that share the same passion to succeed. Downer gives you the opportunity to work remotely as part of its commitment to flexibility and remaining agile in such a progressive business.
HOW TO APPLY
To be considered for this opportunity, please use the link and apply online. Applications emailed directly to the recruitment team will not be considered. You must have the right to live and work in Australia to apply for this job.
For more information, please contact email@example.com. Please note, screening and interviews may take place prior to the closing date – applications may also close before this date.
Downer does not accept any unsolicited resume referrals from Recruitment Agencies. Please do not submit any resumes or associated profiles to the Downer careers portal or to any Downer employees. Downer will not pay any placement fees relating to unsolicited resume