Location: Bay Of Plenty, Bay Of Plenty
Job Type: Full time
Ko te take ka parekareka e koe ki te mahi ki konei | Why you will enjoy working here
Downer is committed to delivering excellence by ensuring our people have the environment and the means to be successful. We offer:
- Free access to Marram health care benefits and discounted holiday homes
- Discounts for Samsung, Repco, PB Tech, Gym memberships and more!
- Internal promotion encouraged, training and development on offer
Have a look at our other great benefits at www.people.downergroup.co.nz/downer-benefits/
Te kowhiringa | The Opportunity
Downer Energy work with some of New Zealand’s largest asset owners and energy providers to maintain their critical networks and assets across the country. Our whole-of-life approach creates positive outcomes for all New Zealanders as we help to reduce carbon emissions, optimise energy, and build a better Aotearoa. There are more than 500 of us in the Energy team and we are committed to being kaitiaki – guardians of New Zealand’s future.
About the role:
Due to growth and with our eye on the sky, we’re looking for a solid performer with either telephony based dispatching or relevant contact centre experience. With long term career prospects, we would love for you to become our next highly motivated, customer focused, full time Dispatch Coordinator!
As we are a 24/7 Centre, we have day and night shifts (3-4 x 12 hours with 3-4 x days off) that offer a great work life balance for those who want to break away from the standard Monday to Friday, and have days off during the week to do some of that “life-admin”.
The Service Management Centre is where the action is, and no day is the same! We are responsible for ensuring effective customer solutions including the dispatching of client faults to field-based employees to customers, members of the public and other energy stakeholders. Full training is provided and at your pace.
This role delivers a range of services including:
- Dispatch faults received from client to our field-based fault men and women
- Resolve problems by understanding the business and providing answers or alternative solutions
- Respond to internal and external email requests
- Maintain the integrity of power systems through timely and accurate data entry
- Process orders, forms and applications
- And much more!
Nga pukenga matua | Important Skills
- Minimum 2 years’ customer service experience, preferably in a call centre
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Time management and organisational skills
- Problem solving ability and ability to remain calm under pressure
- A strong customer focus
- Great attention to detail
- Sound computer and keyboard skills
- Experience within the electrical industry an advantage (but not a requirement)
Ko wai matou | Our Organisation
Want to know more about what it is like to work at Downer? Then head to our People Site here! Or copy and paste the following link into your browser: people.downergroup.co.nz/join-our-utilities-team/
Me pehea ki te tono | How to apply
- If this sounds like the opportunity for you, click Apply Now to submit your application! The reference number for this role is 600872.
- We are committed to a safe working environment for everyone - all successful applicants will be required to undertake a pre-employment drug test, medical and a Ministry of Justice check prior to starting employment. If you need support with this requirement, please talk to our team.