Digital Engineering and Geospatial Lead
Job Type: Full time
Downer has a long history of delivering transport infrastructure projects under a variety of contracting models. Services include the design and construction of light rail, heavy rail, bridge and roads, as well as track and station work, signalling and rail safety technology.
Our Northern Infrastructure Business have an opportunity for a Digital Engineering and Geospatial Lead to join the Infrastructure Projects team in our Milton Offices. You will be accountable for leading the team on a technically challenging project. Your experience around rail infrastructure will be well utilised and highly regarded.
About the Role
- Collaborate with the OMF Team and Design Consultants towards implementing the Project DE Strategy, progressively working towards integrated digital workflows.
- Be a Subject Matter Expert and advisor in the area of Infrastructure related DE Technology and its applications to transport infrastructure and maintenance facilities.
- Keep connected to the current state of DE related issues on-site by facilitating and\or reviewing lessons learned workshops as required.
- Provide opportunities and input into the development of the wider DTI DE Implementation Plan.
- Provide DE training to community groups, management and site-based teams including sub-consultants and sub-contractors as required.
- Hold an understanding of specific project delivery methods associated with a Design and Construct (D&C) contract and understand statutory requirements e.g. “The Building Act” and other AS\NZS standards as required.
- Manage input from consultant architects, specialist equipment suppliers, commercial team to incorporate works into overall DE model.
- 5+ years’ experience in DE and/or BIM Management with detailed understanding of Geospatial requirements
- 10+ years’ experience in Design or Construction
- A proven track record in Digital Engineering for a major construction or consulting business
- Relevant industry training, and preferably, hold a tertiary qualification or equivalent.
- Excellent communicator with outstanding people leadership skills including a total commitment to creating a Zero Harm workplace
- A proven leader in the field of Digital Engineering with exceptional ability to work within teams to consistently produce innovative solutions to technical problems
- Financial and commercial acumen as well as proven project management skills
- A strong customer focus including the ability to develop project solutions that provide value for money
Perks for working @ Downer
- Our Zero Harm initiative: A genuine commitment to the health and safety of all on the Downer team
- Attractive, market competitive remuneration package
- A diverse and supportive work environment where individuals are encouraged to show initiative
- A genuine career path to high performers seeking to develop their career within a growing company
Downer works to foster a diverse and inclusive workplace that facilitates opportunity and respect. Our focus on gender and cultural inclusiveness is active and ongoing, and through various initiatives we aim to help close the gap between indigenous and non-indigenous communities.
To apply for this role, please submit your resume via the links provided. Confidential enquiries can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
We respectfully ask for no agency approaches