Zero Harm Advisor VIC - Road Services
Job Type: Full time
- Located in Wangaratta
- Career Development Opportunities
Join our Zero Harm team in this long-term career development opportunity based in Wangaratta. This hands-on role will actively lead and ensure on-going compliance with statutory obligations whilst mitigating risk.
The role of Zero Harm Advisor will contribute to the continual improvement to Downer's Integrated Management System (IMS) and associated programs. The role will also be responsible for performance monitoring and data analysis, audit processes and guiding incident investigations.
Exposure in the Civil Road Maintenance, Construction, Heavy Industrial or Transport space will be highly regarded as will the ability to influence and engage a wide range of stakeholders, maintaining strong relationships with both operational and management personnel to achieve best outcomes.
- Diploma or higher qualification in Occupational Health and Safety. A QSA auditor certificate and/or training & assessment qualifications would be highly advantageous.
- OHS Exposure gained within a high-risk industry operating accredited heavy vehicles
- Demonstrate knowledge and ability to evaluate and implement Zero Harm policies and procedures and ensure compliance.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with ability to influence at various business levels.
- Strong computer and data analysis skills that extend to report collation and presentation.
- Ability to think strategically, considering both corporate and local objectives/drivers.
- Ability to conduct audits; investigations of safety issues and assist in developing improvement plans based on findings.
- Demonstrated ability to develop Zero Harm improvement plans to drive and promote proactive safety awareness programs.
- Prior experience with managing return to work programs in consultation with line management; liaison with Injury Management Team.
WHAT WE OFFER
- Continued investment & industry leading research & development into sustainable practices that contribute to the circular economy, delivering on long term urban infrastructure improvements.
- Training and Development to support your career with us.
- The unique opportunity to work in an organisation with the safety of our people and the environment at the forefront of all that we do.
- The ability to build your professional career in a multi-disciplined business environment.
To apply, please click on "Apply" below and submit your resume. We do not accept applications via email but for more information, please email Tya.Abdat@downergroup.com
Please note, screening and interviews may take place prior to the closing date – applications may also close before this date.