Senior Contracts Administrator
Location: Brisbane, Sydney
Job Type: Full time
Downer has a long history of delivering transport infrastructure projects under a variety of contracting models. Services include the design and construction of light rail, heavy rail, signalling, track and station works, rail safety technology, bridges and roads.
We are one of Australia’s largest and most experienced providers in the Power Systems sector. We have recently secured several major projects and are seeking an experienced Senior Contracts Administrator to join our team on a FIFO/DIDO basis supporting the delivery of Power Infrastructure Projects. The successful candidate will participate in the key areas of project planning, project delivery, subcontractor management, risk management, project reporting and project close out.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
- Assist in managing variations with subcontractor and client
- Cost reporting and Subcontractor cash flow forecasting, and ensure cost forecasting for allocation subcontracts and cost codes are accurately maintained
- Assess commercial and contractual risks involved in delivery and implementation of projects and identify and implement controls
- Interpret Contract clauses and prepare draft correspondence accordingly
- Review, assess and value entitlement of subcontract variations
- Assist in review and assessment of extension of time claims
- Prepare EOM accruals and assist in CVR (Cost value Reconciliation) reports
- Maintain up-to-date subcontract liability schedules
- Assist in identifying upstream change/variations and prepare data and supporting evidence
- Register and oversees incoming and outgoing subcontract correspondence
- Tertiary qualification in contract management or quantity surveying.
- Proven contracts administration experience within a large organisation and high attention to detail.
- Proven experience in the preparation of contract agreements.
- Working knowledge of project management principles and project control applications.
- Strong proficiency in MS Word, Excel, Outlook, Power Point and SharePoint will be advantageous.
- Considerable experience in the use of Quantity Surveying software applications ie Cost X, Jobpack, Candy or Timberline.
- Good working knowledge of JDE Accounts is preferred but not essential and/or knowledge of project financial reporting tools.
- Sound working knowledge of risk management principles and application of process.
- Collaborative communication style with the ability to work effectively as a member of a team
- Strong organisational skills and ability to meet competing deadline.s
- High level of self-discipline, self-motivation, energy and initiative.
WHAT WE OFFER:
- We are all different. That is why Downer is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive culture that promotes the skills and insights of all its people irrespective of their gender, ethnicity, ability, age or sexual orientation.
- The unique opportunity to work in an organisation where the safety of our people and the environment is at the forefront of all that we do.
- A supportive and dynamic team environment and a range of financial benefits to support your financial needs and to recognise your commitment to your work.
- Due to our company size, we are able to provide access to a variety of benefits at incredible discounts to support you and your family’s lifestyle needs.
HOW TO APPLY:
To apply for this great opportunity please click the apply button.
For more information, please contact Claire Venter – Recruitment and Sourcing Business Partner - email@example.com
Applications will not be accepted via email. Please submit your application via the advertisement. No agency CV’s please.