Field SHEQ Advisor
Job Type: Full time
Utilita, a Joint Venture between Downer and Ventia, delivers planned, corrective and responsive maintenance services and minor capital projects on a diverse range of water and wastewater assets. Our delivery area covers Brisbane, Ipswich, Somerset, Lockyer Valley and Scenic Rim council areas.
Reporting into the SHEQ & HOP Manager, this role is predominantly field based and provides advice, assistance, and coaching to the operational team in all HSE matters, including:
- Developing pro-active strategies to reduce risk and to protect people and the environment.
- Engaging with the workforce in a collaborative way, promoting Utilita’s organisational culture of accountability and individual empowerment to find solutions for HSE matters;
- Partner with the HSE Manager and Operational team to ensure consistency of site systems and to gain the benefit of any available synergies for HSE improvement:
- Facilitate learning-focused investigations into incidents and close-calls, using a ‘learning teams’ methodology’ where appropriate.
- Facilitate and support the development of supplier & delivery partners with safety and quality performance and systems, using an educational & coaching approach.
- Tertiary qualifications in Occupational Health & Safety or a related discipline (desirable)
- Demonstrated experience building strong and collaborative relationships with stakeholders
- Extensive experience in Hazard Identification, Incident Investigations, Risk Assessments, Control Measures
- Hepatitis A&B vaccinations or willingness to obtain.
- Experience in water/waste or similar environment will be highly regarded.
WHAT WE OFFER
- A highly supportive team within a SHEQ function that has a collaborative relationship with the business
- An opportunity to learn from industry leaders in the application of Human and Organisational Performance.
- A workplace that takes responsibility and accountability for the care and protection of peers, the business, the communities in which we operate, and the environment.
- A great team culture with opportunity to learn from some of the best safety professionals in the industry.
- A great range of benefits for our employees
Our aim is to create a workplace where people are respected and encouraged to fulfil their potential. We embrace all employee difference and foster a culture that supports diversity and inclusion. As such, we encourage applicants of all backgrounds to apply.
For further information contact:
Julia Juricic | Recruitment and Sourcing Business Partner | email@example.com
Applications will not be accepted via email. Please submit your application via the advertisement.