Class 4/5 Driver Operator - Queenstown
Job Type: Full time
Ko te take ka parekareka e koe ki te mahi ki kōnei | Why you will enjoy working here
Downer is committed to delivering excellence by ensuring our people have the environment and the means to be successful. We offer:
- Free access to Marram health care benefits and discounted holiday homes
- All the tools of trade you need to do your job
- Discounts for Samsung, Repco, PB Tech, Gym memberships and more!
- $500 bonus for current employees who refer a friend to Downer
- Progression and development programs on offer including our inspiring leader’s programme for top performers
Have a look at our other great benefits https://people.downergroup.co.nz/downer-benefits/
Te kōwhiringa | The Opportunity
Downer remains at the forefront of our industry by employing the best people and having the courage to challenge the status quo. Here’s your chance to join the Queenstown team where we take pride in taking on projects, big and small and delivering them to world-class standards - every time!
- This role will be varied but you will primarily be involved with operating our truck and trailers to transport plant/machinery, cartage of materials and operate various plant and machinery as required
- Working within the Central Otago construction team, you will be responsible for all in-transit load security of all plant and machinery and must meet all transport industry regulatory compliance
- You will also ensure all deadline and quality targets are met while maintaining the highest level of safety standards
This is a permanent, full time position, primarily working Monday – Friday however flexibility to undertake night, weekend and working away from home duties from time to time is required.
Nga pūkenga matua | Important Skills
Along with a positive attitude and your commitment to safe worksite practises, you will be an adaptable multitasker with excellent communication skills. You will have a proven ability to ensure proper care, maintenance and operation of appropriate plant and equipment. You will also have:
- Class 1-5 Full New Zealand driver’s licence
- Wheels, Tracks & Rollers (WTR).
- Dangerous Goods Endorsements desirable, but not essential
- Experience in transporting, loading and unloading various machinery
- Experience with machinery operation
Ko wai mātou | Our Organisation
Want to know more about what it is like to work at Downer? Then head to our People Site https://people.downergroup.co.nz/join-our-transport-team/
Me pēhea ki te tono | How to apply
If this sounds like the opportunity for you, click Apply Now to submit your application! The reference number for this role is 603614.
We are committed to a safe working environment for everyone - all successful applicants will be required to undertake a pre-employment drug test, medical and a Ministry of Justice check prior to starting employment. If you need support with this requirement, please talk to our team.