Job Type: Full time
Downer's Road Services business unit is one of the largest non-government owned road services businesses in Australia. We operate from a network of over 50 depots and maintain more than 40,000 km of road. Our Business is involved in many exciting ventures within the civil road industry throughout the country.
We are currently seeking a Transport Allocator to take charge of the coordination of logistics for the supply and delivery of asphalt within our Bayswater business. Your role will include daily dispatch plans while minimizing waste and maximising the efficiency of the fleet. This is a busy, challenging position that will ideally suit a candidate who enjoys working in a fast paced environment with changing priorities.
You will possess successful experience in a business/project operations management role gained at a similar level together with;
- Demonstrable understanding of fleet operations and production planning, preferably with a computerised tracking package and on paper
- The ability to communicate effectively with drivers and customers on a daily basis.
- Thrive in a fast paced environment
- Ability to review and develop new processes and streamline transactional activities
- Competent computer skills (Microsoft Office) and in house systems industry-specific applications.
- Proficient communication skills coupled with an ability to provide customer service to both internal and external stakeholders
- Strong safety focus - actively participate in and support Downer Zero Harm initiatives and strategies
- Flexible to work day and night shift as required by the business needs
WHAT WE OFFER
- Highly supportive, team orientated organisation
- A strong commitment to Zero Harm environment for all our employees and visitors
- Competitive remuneration with on-going training and support
- A long-term career opportunity for working with an ASX listed company
HOW TO APPLY
To apply for this great opportunity please click the APPLY NOW button below
Please ensure you attach copies of your Resume, Licences, Tickets and proof of eligibility to work in Australia i.e. passport/birth certificate to your online application.
For more information please contact Rebecca Steele – Talent & Sourcing Business Partner
M: 0459 902 129