Job Type: Full time
A real endeavour, achieved with you
As Australia’s multi-disciplinary advisory and business partner of choice for clients in defence, government and infrastructure, we deliver complex things that matter. It's not always an easy task, but anything worthwhile seldom is. Great things are rarely accomplished alone. We’re building something remarkable. Now we just need you.
A real endeavour, shaped by you
As a highly experienced Storage Architect, holding TSPV clearance, you will provide provision of ICT Systems Administration (Storage and Backup) to enable the efficient sustainment of current infrastructure and design of future backup and storage solutions within a complex environment spanning multiple geographically separated data centres and remote offices. Your key responsibilities will be:
Architect, design, implement and deliver Enterprise Storage solutions for systems at all classification levels.
Develop and deliver an Enterprise Storage roadmap across multiple classifications and geographically separated data centres.
Lead the expansion, migration, and consolidation of Enterprise Storage architecture from HDS, HP and Pure.
Provide technical leadership and routine business management of existing Enterprise Storage architectures and associated support agreements
Lead systems administration of the existing Storage Area Networks (SAN) in conjunction with future backup storage requirements
- Lead the resolution of complex Service Request and Incident tickets in the Storage and Backup Services queue
- Working with the Storage Services Manager collaboratively manage incidents, problems, continuous services improvement and workflows to meet team deadlines
- Set the standards for technical knowledge and industry best practice to a customer focused, security enabled global ICT platform.
- Lead the development and implementation of enterprise Content Intelligence and analytics software and related infrastructure
- Engage and liaise with assigned project representatives and other support teams regarding storage systems future state and roadmap
- Design, review and establish continuous improvement of internal administrative and Standard Operating Procedures to promote storage services infrastructure and maintain accreditation
A real endeavour, driven by you
Our work is highly complex and confidential, so there are some things you must have to fulfil this role:
Demonstrated experience with Enterprise Storage Technologies from HDS and HP.
Broad experience in the successful sustainment of Enterprise Storage systems that include Block, NAS and Object Store architectures.
Experience with Enterprise Backup and Recovery solutions.
Essential: Strongly demonstrated experience with VMware
- Demonstrated experience with Cisco and Brocade SAN networking infrastructure
- Demonstrated experience with Object Storage technologies
- Demonstrated experience with enterprise monitoring and content intelligence solutions
- Demonstrated experience with Unix / Linux servers
You must hold a current TSPV security clearance or higher.
Why Downer Professional Services?
At DPS, you’ll find the opportunity to build something remarkable. Here are some of the reasons why our people love working here:
Work with purpose. You’ll deliver or enable critical defence projects and programs in Australia, for Australia. Your expertise will help build sovereign capability.
Great projects, influence and impact. You might join us for the projects, but we think you’ll stay for the impact you can have. With high project ownership, agile problem solving and accessible leaders, you can go further at DPS.
Your opportunity to build something remarkable. We’re proud of all we’ve achieved. But there’s much more to do. Together, we’re building a better, stronger, more agile DPS. From process and systems to culture and communications, we're working hard to enable our teams to do their best work, whoever and wherever they are.
We encourage you to join us on our greatest endeavour. We’ll support and recognise your contribution, and you’ll also enjoy a range of benefits including:
Veteran support initiatives and policies, including up to 20 days of Reservist Leave for veterans to remain connected as they transition out of active service
An Employee Assistance Program providing access to professionals to support you (and your family) to achieve your personal or professional goals through wellbeing coaching, counselling, financial advice, legal advice and more.
Affordable healthcare covers, discounted car purchase and rental (with selected brands), and other retail discounts.
To learn more about why our people choose DPS, read some of the stories of incredible people at our website.
Ready to join us on our biggest endeavour?
Take your career to the next level. Apply for this position.
Downer Professional Services is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive culture. We do not discriminate on the basis of gender, race, religion, colour, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability. Accordingly, we encourage applications from people of diverse backgrounds, including First Nations People and those from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.