Job Type: Full time
Ko te take ka parekareka e koe ki te mahi ki kōnei | Why you will enjoy working here
Downer is committed to delivering excellence by ensuring our people have the environment and the means to be successful. We offer:
- Free access to Marram health care benefits and discounted holiday homes
- Time and a half after 45 hours of work each week
- Full-time (40 hours) guaranteed, and overtime is available during the Summer season. Get paid even if work is delayed due to the weather!
- Safety equipment and clothing provided as part of the role
- Great promotion and career development opportunities
Have a look at our other great benefits here!
Te kōwhiringa | The Opportunity
Downer remains at the forefront of our industry by employing the best people and having the courage to challenge the status quo. Here’s your chance to join the Whanganui team where we take pride in taking on projects, big and small and delivering them to world-class standards - every time!
As a Downer Traffic Controller, you will assist with Temporary Traffic Management under the direction of a Site Traffic Management Supervisor (STMS). Ultimately you will work to ensure the safety of your crew and the public through clear and accurate direction of traffic. You will also:
- Help with sign and cone placement and pack down
- Assist with stop/go activity
- Driving duties
Nga pūkenga matua | Important Skills
You will be a physically fit and motivated person and will bring with you.
- Class 1 restricted or full license required
- A valid TMO warrant
- Enjoy working outdoors and keeping physically fit
- Be physically fit and able to carry out manual tasks
Ko wai mātou | Our Organisation
Want to know more about what it is like to work at Downer? Then head to our People Site here!
Me pēhea ki te tono | How to apply
If this sounds like the opportunity for you, click Apply Now to submit your application! The reference number for this role is XXXX
We are committed to a safe working environment for everyone - all successful applicants will be required to undertake a pre-employment drug test, medical and a Ministry of Justice check prior to starting employment. If you need support with this requirement, please talk to our team