Job Type: Full time
Downer is a leading provider of end-to-end Technology & Communications service solutions. Our wireless line of business offers capability across Project Management, RAN design, SAED, construction and integration services for our customers across both Carrier and Critical Communications networks.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Due to securing new programs of work we have an opportunity for a Field Supervisor to join our team operating out of Perth WA. You will primarily be accountable for supervising and organising field construction teams to complete both fixed wireless and 5G site construction activities across the full range of telecommunication structures and site types. You will manage the build quality and the Zero Harm safety culture throughout delivery phase whilst developing strong relationships with clients, field workforce and suppliers to enhance project performance.
- Supervise Construction teams, either Construction Partners or internal resources, undertaking civil, rigging and technical works ensuring adherence safety and quality standards
- Ensure all sites are setup according to Downer standards and SWMS, workers are inducted and all permits are in place prior to work commencing
- Ensuring controls are in place for all critical risks identified for the site. Regularly review controls and adjust as required
- Ensuring works are well planned, plant, resources and materials available to enable the works to be completed right first time to client specifications
- Where required undertake minor technical works to support site build
- Identify defects and co-ordinate rectification prior to hand over pack submission
- Promote safe working practices and a culture of safe behaviours and attitudes.
The role requires frequent travel within and to other states, the ability to travel is a mandatory requirement of the role. Ideally our candidate is based in Perth but open to receive application from other states.
- Previous work experience as a Field Supervisor on large projects with a strong Civil Construction background
- Experience with management of subcontractors
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of Health and Safety related to rigging and construction works
- Understanding of design, construction and integration of mobile and fixed wireless networks is preferred
- Experience with the range of telecommunication structures and site types – macros (towers, monopoles, guyed masts, rooftops), small cells, IBC, DAS is preferred
- Well-developed organisational skills, with an ability to manage multiple priorities and meet strict deadlines.
WHAT WE OFFER
- Tool of Trade Vehicle and travel allowance
- Inclusive work culture that embraces diversity
- The ability to build your professional career in a multi-disciplined business environment
- A workplace that takes responsibility and accountability for the care and protection of peers, the business, the communities in which we operate, and the environment.
As an employer who acknowledges and embraces the importance of our people's diverse experiences, talents and cultures, we encourage applications from all ages, genders and backgrounds to join our inclusive workforce.
For more information please contact Puck Jonker – Recruitment & Sourcing on Puck.Jonker@downergroup.com
Applications will not be accepted via email. Please submit your application via the advertisement.