Renewals Engineer - Christchurch
Job Type: Full time
Downer New Zealand is a leading provider of integrated services. Our commitment to building long-term relationships and supporting our customers with high calibre services and solutions; the talents of our people; and consistent excellence in operational delivery sets us apart.
The Opportunity | Te Kōwhiringa
Focusing on the delivery of Road Pavement Design and Construction, your role will involve working alongside the Renewals Manager to lead the successful delivery of the North and South Canterbury Network Outcomes Contract’s pavement, surfacing, drainage, and ATP renewals programmes.
Reporting to the Renewals Manager, some of your responsibilities will include:
- Work collaboratively with delivery teams to organise efficient work programmes, capture changes and delivery to maintain customer satisfaction, and ensuring both customer and worksite safety.
- Management of the internal and client delivery trackers for both NOCs including tracking of target cost vs actuals.
- Compiling Renewal Quality Plans for client approval.
- Ensuring data quality & integrity.
- Attending site to carry out inspections along with safety and quality audits.
Important Skills | Nga Pūkenga Matu
Our ideal candidate will bring the following:
- Experience in the civil/roading industry
- Engineering or related qualification OR significant on-the-job technical and supervisory experience
- Experience in estimating and project management
- Have experience using RAMM Contractor
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
Why you will enjoy working here | Ko te take ka parekareka e koe ki te mahi ki kōnei
- Progression and development programs on offer including our inspiring leader’s programme for top performers
- Referral programme $500 before tax
- Safety equipment and clothing provided as part of the role
- Work vehicle provided
- Work phone
How to apply | Me pēhea ki te tono
If you’re interested in applying, head to www.downercareers.co.nz, search 603820 and register your interest. Alternately, drop your CV into your local depot today!
Downer NZ is an equal-opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse and inclusive culture.
We are committed to a safe working environment for everyone - all successful applicants will be required to undertake a pre-employment drug test, medical and a Ministry of Justice check prior to starting employment. If you need support with this requirement, please talk to our team.