Surfacing Manager - Taranaki
Job Type: Full time
Downer NZ is a leading provider of integrated services. Our commitment to building long term relationships and supporting our customers with high calibre services and solutions; the talents of our people; and consistent excellence in operational delivery sets us apart.
Te kōwhiringa | The Opportunity
As our Surfacing Manager - Taranaki, you will be based in New Plymouth overseeing chip seal and asphalt paving operations across the Taranaki region.
You will be capable of providing strong management of specific operations, delivering on contract requirements, optimising resource use, and achieving target results. You will also develop and implement plans and procedures to ensure the profitable and viable growth of all Contracts as well as achieving business plans promises, return on assets and cash requirements.
Day to day you will:
- Provide commercial reviews to optimise performance
- Analyse contract performance
- Induct and train new team members and be the go-to person for people management
- Build up our client relationships
- Demonstrate sound technical capability in the specific area of surfacing and chip seal related products, specifications and industry requirements
Nga pūkenga matua | Important Skills
Along with your authentic leadership and management style, you’ll bring with you proven experience in managing long and short-term contracts and delivering results in a commercially competitive environment where a focus on service and operational excellence is paramount. You’ also have:
- Experience in road surfacing operations (advantageous)
- Proven experience of HSE/QA in a commercial environment
- Understanding of financial and accounting processes, to include preparation of progress and claim reports and producing and interpreting monthly financial reports to P&L level
- The ability to drive operational site work to ensure quality, completion of work to schedule and minimal rework
Ko te take ka parekareka e koe ki te mahi ki kōnei | Why you will enjoy working here
Downer is committed to delivering excellence by ensuring our people have the environment and the means to be successful. We offer:
- Company vehicle and work phone included
- Free access to Marram health care benefits and discounted holiday homes
- Discounts for Samsung, Repco, PB Tech, Gym memberships and more!
- Career development opportunities & a dedicated personal development plan
Have a look at our other great benefits here!
Ko wai mātou | Our Organisation
Want to know more about what it is like to work at Downer? Then head to our People Site here!
Me pēhea ki te tono | How to apply
If this sounds like the opportunity for you, click Apply Now to submit your application! The reference number for this role is 603837 .
We are committed to a safe working environment for everyone - all successful applicants will be required to undertake a pre-employment drug test, medical and a Ministry of Justice check prior to starting employment. If you need support with this requirement, please talk to our team.