Kerb Extrusion Foreperson - Dunedin
Job Type: Full time
Why you will enjoy working here | Ko te take ka parekareka e koe ki te mahi ki kōnei
Downer is committed to delivering excellence by ensuring our people have the environment and the means to be successful. We offer:
- Guaranteed Full-Time hours – minimum 80 hours per fortnight including wet weather days if alternative work cannot be found
- Free access to Marram health care benefits and discounted holiday homes
- All the tools of trade you need to do your job
- Progression and development programs on offer including our inspiring leader’s programme for top performers
Have a look at our other great benefits here!
The Opportunity | Te kōwhiringa
Joining our Transport and Infrastructure business, as a Kerb Extrusion Foreperson , you’ll lead our Green Island-based kerbing crew and drive the delivery of ongoing assignments across the Otago region.
As an experienced concrete tradesperson, you will lead and motivate your crew to carry out kerb & channel construction and maintenance across the region.
Duties within your team include excavation, installing formwork, and placing and finishing concrete. Other general tasks include operating the plant and machinery as required to complete the job.
You will also be responsible for:
- Planning workload and scoping sites with the Concrete Supervisor to ensure the concrete programme runs efficiently
- Ensuring efficient use of materials, supplies and equipment
- Collating and forwarding to the Concrete Supervisor all daily records and other required reports and documentation. This will be through a digital format
- Providing and organizing on-the-job development/training for the team and supporting general career development
- Monitoring work sites to ensure compliance with local By-Laws, Government Statutes and Regulations, and with WORKS policy in relation to SQE assurance
- Organising key pieces of plant and materials including our Concrete Truck in-line with the Concrete Supervisor
Important Skills | Nga pūkenga matua
You will hold plenty of experience within the civil construction industry along with experience in concrete and form work. You will also have:
- A full class 2 license with WTR endorsements
- A great work ethic – you’ll be part of a busy crew and team and some long hours are required (but you’ll be rewarded accordingly)
- Experience managing and leading a team on construction worksites
- Strong focus on Safety and Quality
- Problem-solving, managing unexpected events and decision making
- Flexibility – some out-of-town travel will be required on occasion
Our Organisation | Ko wai mātou
Want to know more about what it is like to work at Downer? Then head to our People Site here!
How to apply | Me pēhea ki te tono
If this sounds like the opportunity for you, click Apply Now to submit your application! The reference number for this role is 603008.
We are committed to a safe working environment for everyone - all successful applicants will be required to undertake a pre-employment drug test, medical and a Ministry of Justice check prior to starting employment. If you need support with this requirement, please talk to our team.