Operations Supervisor - Day Shift
Job Type: Full time
Why you will enjoy working here | Ko te take ka parekareka e koe ki te mahi ki kōnei
Downer is committed to delivering excellence by ensuring our people have the environment and the means to be successful. We offer:
- Free access to Marram health care benefits and discounted holiday homes
- All the tools of trade you need to do your job
- Discounts for Samsung, Repco, PB Tech, Gym memberships and more!
- $500 bonus for current employees who refer a friend to Downer
- Progression and development programs on offer including our inspiring leader’s programme for top performers
Have a look at our other great benefits here!
The Opportunity | Te Kōwhiringa
Downer New Zealand is a leading provider of integrated services. Our commitment to building long term relationships and supporting our customers with high calibre services and solutions; the talents of our people; and consistent excellence in operational delivery sets us apart.
We are now on the hunt for a Road Marking Operations Supervisor – Day Shift to lead our team based in Wellington.
In this role, you’ll report to our Road Marking Operations Manager, where our philosophy is one of nationally managed, but delivered locally. You’ll work closely with our Regional Manager and Road Marking Operations Manager to deliver leadership, management and effective delivery of Road Marking activities across the Wellington region.
You’ll also be responsible for the provision and management of the Road Marking services within the region and ensure that the delivery of those services align with national business objectives and strategy with a vested interest in the safety, maintenance and performance of our contracts.
What that really means is you’ll ensure the smooth running of the team from a day to day perspective, but also aligning with our national strategy and objectives. You’ll also be involved in ensuring the financials stack up, that health and safety is paramount and that with your finger on the pulse you’ll know what’s happening in the market and be able to grow and develop our self-delivery capability.
Important Skills | Nga Pūkenga Matua
You will be passionate leading a diverse team and delivering exceptional results, actively seek continuous improvement, and be an inspirational leader, who is experienced in contract management and delivery.
You’ll also need to have:
- Commercial savvy and financial nous to continue the delivery of a successful operation
- Strong collaboration and communication skills
- Proven track record in developing a culture that supports Health and Safety management, encouraging and rewarding excellence.
- The ability to create and deliver a strong customer focus culture, and a collaborative approach to develop client relationships
You’ll also be a collaborator with proven people leadership skills with you to ensure our team continue to grow from strength to strength.
Ko wai mātou | Our Organisation
Want to know more about what it is like to work at Downer? Then head to our People Site here!
Me pēhea ki te tono | How to apply
If this sounds like the opportunity for you, click Apply Now to submit your application! The reference number for this role is 603808
We are committed to a safe working environment for everyone - all successful applicants will be required to undertake a pre-employment drug test, medical and a Ministry of Justice check prior to starting employment. If you need support with this requirement, please talk to our team.