Senior Environment and Sustainability Advisor
Location: Brisbane, Dandenong South, Sydney
Job Type: Full time
Downer Group are seeking a Senior Environment and Sustainability Advisor, based in Sydney, Melbourne, or Brisbane. This position is primarily an office-based role supporting the Utilities line of business. Reporting to the Environment and Sustainability Manager, this is a significant position within Downer’s Environment and Sustainability team.
The ideal candidate should have a strong background in construction environmental management for major projects. Experience in transmission lines or linear infrastructure projects will be highly sought after.
Key duties will include environmental planning, preparation of environmental management plans, contributing toward high quality bids and tenders and operational project support. The position will involve some ad-hoc site travel as required.
- Provide Environment and Sustainability technical advice and support (including bids and tender support)
- Environmental planning and preparation of environmental management plans
- Mentoring and coaching of operational staff and junior environment and sustainability professionals
- Compliance inspections and audits of projects.
- Ongoing review of Downer projects to ensure compliance with environmental licences/permits/approvals and legislation
- Source best practice and enable sharing and continual improvement. This includes identifying and promoting sustainability initiatives for business improvement
- Support and review environmental incident investigations
- Complete monthly reporting requirements
- Assess and evaluate future management system needs
- Minimum 3 Years experience as an environmental management professional.
- Experience in construction environmental management (linear infrastructure/transmission line project experience highly sought after).
- High level of Environmental legislative knowledge and frameworks in single state with broader National knowledge of other states
- Experience in preparing and implementing environmental management plans for major projects.
- Experience in writing environmental and sustainability components of bids/tenders sought after.
- Erosion & sediment control knowledge (CPESC not mandatory)
- Proven ability to manage multiple approvals in different jurisdictions at once
- Ability to coach, lead and mentor others within the team.
- Strong knowledge in managing project environmental aspects and associated risks
WHAT WE OFFER:
As an employee of Downer, you may benefit from a range of career support programs, well-being packages and financial benefits, available through us and our selected partners. These include:
- Access to the Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible work arrangements
- Salary sacrifice superannuation
- Novated leasing
- Banking discounts & offers
- Discounted travel & accommodation
- Discounted vehicle rentals
- Offers and cash back on selected shopping portals
- Discounts on technology products; and
- Exclusive offers on a range of vehicles.
For more information, please email email@example.com
Please note that applications will not be accepted via email.