Regional Commercial Manager Transport Projects South
Job Type: Full time
Ko te take ka parekareka e koe ki te mahi ki kōnei | Why you will enjoy working here
Downer is committed to delivering excellence by ensuring our people have the environment and the means to be successful. We also offer:
- Travel discounts available
- Free access to Marram health care benefits and discounted holiday homes
- Discounts for Samsung, Repco, PB Tech, Gym memberships and more!
- $500 bonus for current employees who refer a friend to Downer
- Free carparking available at the office with plenty of public transport nearby
Have a look at our other great benefits here!
Te kōwhiringa | The Opportunity
The Regional Commercial Manager will provide the necessary direction and leadership to ensure consistency across the remit of Transport Projects South, responsible for:
- sound commercial, financial, contractual and business practices are applied to all operations consistent with the Downer Standard;
- promoting consistency and accuracy with regards to forecasting, cash-flow and predictability of project outcomes.
- providing commercial, contractual and risk management expertise to improve business performance
- support management to deliver profitable operations;
- contribute to the development and growth of the business and implementation of strategy;
- maximisation of sustained business profitability;
- ensure stakeholders’ relationships are enhanced and effective;
- risks and opportunities are understood and managed;
- the continuing professional development of our quantity surveyors and other commercial resources; and
- commercial acumen is embedded and improved within the businesses.
The role, along with the wider team will work seamlessly across the business implementing and facilitating business improvement initiatives. It will identify best practice and develop standardised practices that will become common across Transport Projects with a strong focus on sustainable business improvement.
Nga pūkenga matua | Important Skills
As an experienced Regional Commercial Manager , you’ll bring the following to the role:
- Hold a relevant tertiary qualification or equivalent, e.g. BSc, RICS, NZCQS, law or equivalent.
In addition, you would ideally:
- Have 10 years plus experience in a Commercial Manager role, preferably with contractors predominantly operating within the Transport sector.
- Essential to have experience of providing management support in the construction or infrastructure sectors.
- Proven record in driving financial and commercial performance improvement.
- Experience in working at a leadership team level internally and with customers.
- Proven experience of dispute avoidance and/or resolution.
- Excellent people leadership skills including a total commitment to creating a Zero Harm workplace;
- Ability to negotiate effectively;
- Well-developed written and verbal communication skills;
- Financial and commercial acumen;
Ko wai mātou | Our Organisation
Want to know more about what it is like to work at Downer? Then head to our People Site here!
Me pēhea ki te tono | How to apply
If this sounds like the opportunity for you, click Apply Now to submit your application! The reference number for this role is (603657)
We are committed to a safe working environment for everyone - all successful applicants will be required to undertake a pre-employment drug test, medical and a Ministry of Justice check prior to starting employment. If you need support with this requirement, please talk to our team