Job Type: Full time
Ko te take ka parekareka e koe ki te mahi ki kōnei | Why you will enjoy working here
Downer is committed to delivering excellence by ensuring our people have the environment and the means to be successful. We offer:
- Free access to Marram health care benefits and discounted holiday homes
- Safety equipment and clothing provided as part of the role
- Discounts for Samsung, Repco, PB Tech, Gym memberships and more!
- Internal promotion encouraged, training and development on offer
Have a look at our other great benefits at www.people.downergroup.co.nz/downer-benefits/
Te kōwhiringa | The Opportunity
Downer is a significant player in the telecommunications industry within New Zealand. From cities to rural communities, from the Chatham Islands to Antarctica, our experts are delivering mobile and broadband coverage to keep communities connected. We are growing our business through delivering consistent service, excellence and by developing inspirational leadership with our people and customers.
This Logistics Specialist position (based in Wellington) is responsible for providing front line logistics and warehousing support to our technicians, external contractors, customers, and other staff members as required.
- Receipting, picking, packing, dispatching and stock control
- Quality and production reporting
- Being accountable custodian of Downer material, transport and warehousing spend
- Asset & Material management for our customers
- Maintaining the upkeep and cleanliness of the stores area and adhere to the policies and procedures set by Downer New Zealand.
Nga pūkenga matua | Important Skills
- Good understanding of MS office suite
- Detail oriented and a good multi-tasker is a must
- Experience with an ERP or similar program
- Mathematical aptitude for stock control
- Good planning and communication skills, both written and verbal
- Current full drivers' licence and forklift licence (or at least willing to will be a plus)
Ko wai mātou | Our Organisation
Want to know more about what it is like to work at Downer? Then head to our People Site at http://people.downergroup.co.nz
Me pēhea ki te tono | How to apply
If this sounds like the opportunity for you, click Apply Now to submit your application! The reference number for this role is 603930.
We are committed to a safe working environment for everyone - all successful applicants will be required to undertake a pre-employment drug test, medical and a Ministry of Justice check prior to starting employment. If you need support with this requirement, please talk to our team.