Location: Wellington, Wellington
Job Type: Full time
Ko te take ka parekareka e koe ki te mahi ki konei | Why you will enjoy working here
Downer is committed to delivering excellence by ensuring our people have the environment and the means to be successful. We offer:
- Free access to Marram health care benefits and discounted holiday homes
- Safety equipment and clothing provided as part of the role
- Internal promotion encouraged, training and development on offer
Have a look at our other great benefits at www.people.downergroup.co.nz/downer-benefits/
Te kowhiringa | The Opportunity
Downer Energy work with some of New Zealand’s largest asset owners and energy providers to maintain their critical networks and assets across the country. Our whole-of-life approach creates positive outcomes for all New Zealanders as we help to reduce carbon emissions, optimise energy, and build a better Aotearoa. There are more than 500 of us in the Energy team and we are committed to being kaitiaki – guardians of New Zealand’s future.
About the role
As an experienced Cable Jointer, you will be responsible for the provision electrical fitting services including equipment repairs and installation of new network equipment throughout the Wellington region. You also be working on the construction and maintenance of network equipment and installations. You will work to establish stakeholder relationships, identify and implement risk control measures and complete other tasks within the team as required.
Based in Lower Hutt, this a full-time permanent job opportunity.
Nga pukenga matua | Important Skills
You will be a proven cable jointer, ideally with previous experience in the power distribution industry. You will also offer:
- Relevant EWRB Registration and current Practising License as a Cable Jointer
- Current Class 1 full Drivers Licence, ability to drive a manual vehicle and ideally a Heavy Traffic Licence
- Knowledge of the Wellington network would be beneficial
- Sound knowledge of electrical test equipment, systems and procedures
- Underground and substation equipment skills
It goes without saying that you have a key focus on safety in all aspects of your work and are adept at following established work instructions. You’ll be a strong team player who enjoys sharing your knowledge as well as drawing on your colleagues’ expertise. We pride ourselves on delivering results for our customers and are looking for someone who understands the value of their work, shares our strong work ethic and commitment to timeframes.
Ko wai matou | Our Organisation
Want to know more about what it is like to work at Downer? Then head to our People Site copy and paste the following link into your browser: people.downergroup.co.nz/join-our-utilities-team/
Me pehea ki te tono | How to apply
- If this sounds like the opportunity for you, click Apply Now to submit your application! The reference number for this role is 603631.
- We are committed to a safe working environment for everyone - all successful applicants will be required to undertake a pre-employment drug test, medical and a Ministry of Justice check prior to starting employment. If you need support with this requirement, please talk to our team