Glove & Barrier Line Mechanic
Location: Wellington, Wellington
Job Type: Full time
Ko te take ka parekareka e koe ki te mahi ki kōnei | Why you will enjoy working here
Downer is committed to delivering excellence by ensuring our people have the environment and the means to be successful. We offer:
- Free access to Marram health care benefits and discounted holiday homes
- Safety equipment and clothing provided as part of the role
- Internal promotion encouraged, training and development on offer
Have a look at our other great benefits at www.people.downergroup.co.nz/downer-benefits/
Te kōwhiringa | The Opportunity
Downer Energy work with some of New Zealand’s largest asset owners and energy providers to maintain their critical networks and assets across the country. Our whole-of-life approach creates positive outcomes for all New Zealanders as we help to reduce carbon emissions, optimise energy, and build a better Aotearoa. There are more than 500 of us in the Energy team and we are committed to being kaitiaki – guardians of New Zealand’s future.
About the role
As an experienced Glove and Barrier Line Mechanic, you will be working on the construction and maintenance of network equipment and installations. You will work to establish stakeholder relationships, identify and implement risk control measures and complete other tasks within the team as required.
Based in Lower Hutt, this a full-time permanent job opportunity.
Nga pūkenga matua | Important Skills
It is essential that you are an experienced Glove and Barrier Line Mechanic with knowledge of the power industry and can offer:
- Relevant EWRB Registration and current Practising License
- Glove & Barrier qualification
- A minimum of two years’ experience including high voltage and overhead work
- Current Class 1 full Drivers Licence, ability to drive a manual vehicle and ideally a Heavy Traffic Licence
- A strong commitment to safety including sound knowledge of the Safety Manual Electricity Industry (SMEI) and Safe Practices for Low Voltage Electrical Work
Ko wai mātou | Our Organisation
Want to know more about what it is like to work at Downer? Then head to our People Site copy and paste the following link into your browser: people.downergroup.co.nz/join-our-utilities-team/
Me pēhea ki te tono | How to apply
- If this sounds like the opportunity for you, click Apply Now to submit your application! The reference number for this role is 603670.
- We are committed to a safe working environment for everyone - all successful applicants will be required to undertake a pre-employment drug test, medical and a Ministry of Justice check prior to starting employment. If you need support with this requirement, please talk to our team