Zero Harm Advisor
Location: Dandenong South
Job Type: Full time
Downer is a leading infrastructure group connecting industries and communities with vital infrastructure. Downer has a strong focus on Transport, Utilities, Facilities and Asset Services and is responsible for creating, operating and maintaining public and private assets serving millions of people every day.
Reporting to the Zero Harm Manager, we have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Zero Harm/Safety professional to join our ever-growing Water Services team on the Southeast Water (SEW) contract.
As a seasoned Zero Harm Advisor, you will have the opportunity to guide, support and develop the operational team’s mentality toward Safety to ensure adherence to the Downer Zero Harm standards, legislative requirements and above all else, ensure our people return home safely every day.
This Full Time, permanent role will be based out of our Dandenong South depot however travel is required to other sites/depots.
The key responsibilities of the role include:
- Coach Project Managers, Engineers, supervisors and field crews to successfully promote and foster a proactive culture of Zero Harm and environmental safety.
- Ensure application of Downer Zero Harm standards and legislative requirements to all work activities.
- Conduct observations, site inspections and audits.
- Investigate incidents, injuries or breaches of safety and environment procedures.
- Manage incident reporting within Downer and Client systems.
- A strong track record of operational safety exposure within a large project-based environment (Water, Utilities or Civil Construction industry experience advantageous).
- Prior utilisation of Health Safety & Environment Management systems.
- Certificate IV in OHS/WHS required (minimum requirement).
- Degree Qualification in OHS/WHS (advantageous but not essential).1
- ICAM lead investigator Auditing (advantageous but not essential).
- Join us at a time of major growth and evolution and work within the booming water industry.
- Tool of trade vehicle, fuel card & e-tag provided.
- Suite of benefits including health and wellness initiatives.
- Support a collaborative contract with a focus on relationships.
- Competitive remuneration and company vehicle provided.
- Inclusive work culture that embraces diversity and inclusion.
- Access to broader Downer group opportunities.
Our aim is to create a workplace where people are respected and encouraged to fulfil their potential. We embrace all employee difference and foster a culture that supports diversity and inclusion.
Apply for this great opportunity by visiting careers.downeredi.com or clicking 'apply' below.
For further information contact:
Ainsley Parmenter | Recruitment and Sourcing Business Partner | email@example.com
Applications will not be accepted via email. Please submit your application via the advertisement.