Job Type: Full time
A new name, a bright pathway ahead
Part of Downer Group, our newly formed Social Infrastructure and Citizen Services (SI&CS ) business unit brings amazing capability to the people of Australia and New Zealand and what matters most to them. We run hospitals, manage client data centres, maintain many social infrastructure, and we are a trusted advisor and partner to our New Zealand and Australian Defence Forces. Arguably no other business better embodies our purpose; enabling communities to thrive.
Join us on the journey
We currently have an opportunity for a Procurement Administrator to join our team. You will be responsible for providing support to the Operations & Procurement teams in relations to tender co-ordination and submission for project & servicing work to our client.
We engage with over 3000 service delivery partners including many SMEs in enabling communities to thrive. The performance of our service delivery partners and the management of our end-to-end procurement process is critical to our and our clients’ success. The key objective of this role, is to achieve optimum results in relation to servicing tenders, providing administrative support to the Procurement and Operations Teams.
What you’ll do
The role has a broad remit, with key responsibilities outlined below:
- Support tender processes ensuring submissions are accurate and compliant, working closely with both Category Managers and Operational teams.
- Ensure all proposals are formatted and comply with company guidelines and client requirements.
- Provide coordination for the team with all ad hoc administration requirements including the collection and entry of company data and management of supplier/sub-contractor compliance.
- Work with the team to ensure procurement processes are efficient and effective,, assisting both internal and external stakeholders to resolve queries.
- Monitor contract performance to ensure suppliers/sub-contractors are meeting their obligations.
- Identify and mitigate contractual risks and issues.
What you’ll bring
- Previous exposure/experience working on tenders..
- Tertiary or advanced education in business administration.
- Experience in a similar role within the construction/facilities management industry.
- Previous experience within the contract management/procurement area including sound understanding of contract terms and conditions impacting the delivery of services and products.
- Proven track record of producing and delivering high quality tender submissions.
- Ability to build and maintain strong successful relationships.
- Strong organising and planning skills with the ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to identify and mitigate contractual risks.
- Negotiation and influencing skills to achieve desired outcomes.
More than anything, you’ll have a strong work ethic, a positive attitude, and a drive to provide high quality outcomes for the Social Infrastructure and Citizen Services business unit and our clients.
Why work for us?
Working for the Social Infrastructure and Citizen Services business unit means being part of something new and exciting. With a bright future ahead of us, you will find purpose here and have the opportunity to directly impact and contribute positively to our future. You’ll also find a range of benefits available such as:
- Training and development to support your career.
- Internal career opportunities across the Downer Group business.
- Affordable healthcare covers, discounted car purchase and rental (with selected brands), and other retail discounts.
- An Employee Assistance Program providing access to professionals to support you (and your family) to achieve your personal or professional goals through wellbeing coaching, counselling, financial advice, legal advice and more.
This exciting role offers you the opportunity to work in a dynamic environment with a highly successful organisation. If you are passionate about what you do and motivated to succeed, then apply now.
Downer Group is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive culture. We do not discriminate on the basis of gender, race, religion, colour, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability. Accordingly, we encourage applications from people of diverse backgrounds, including First Nations People and those from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.