Category Manager (AU) Trades and Sub-Contractors
Job Type: Full time
A new name, a bright pathway ahead
Part of Downer Group, our newly formed Social Infrastructure and Citizen Services (SI&CS ) business unit brings amazing capability to the people of Australia and New Zealand and what matters most to them. We run hospitals, manage client data centres, maintain many social infrastructure, and we are a trusted advisor and partner to our New Zealand and Australian Defence Forces. Arguably no other business better embodies our purpose; enabling communities to thrive.
Join us on the journey
We currently have an opportunity for a Category Manager, who is responsible for ensuring that the business has the goods and services required to service our clients that are the best possible quality, are fit for purpose, reliable and at the most competitive and relevant price.
We engage with over 3000 service delivery partners including many SMEs in enabling communities to thrive. The performance of our service delivery partners and the management of our end-to-end procurement process is critical to our and our clients’ success. The key objective of this role, is the sourcing, appointing, on-boarding and management of suppliers and subcontractors required to service our clients in nominated categories within Spotless.
What you’ll do
The role has a broad remit, with key responsibilities outlined below:
- Develop and implement detailed and proactive category strategies that consider business and client requirements, conducting thorough market research to identify potential vendors and assess market trends.
- Collaborate with stakeholders to define tender requirements, scope, and evaluation criteria.
- Lead end-to-end tendering process, from identifying procurement needs to contract award.
- Timely execution of supplier and sub-contractor trading agreements and subsequent onboarding process.
- Effective vendor management, ensuring that established contracts continue to meet business requirements.
- Build strong stakeholder relationships partnering with the contract management team to ensure adherence to organisation frameworks and processes.
- Cost reductions and optimising vendor value including rebates and other vendor support (captured and delivered against targets).
- Overall spend controlled and managed under contract.
What you’ll bring
- Extensive experience in Procurement/Category Management roles.
- Experience in managing subcontractors as part of your vendor portfolio.
- Experience with supplier relationship management and driving continuous improvements within a category.
- Tertiary qualified in a Business/Commercial related degree.
- Strong commercial and analytical skills.
- Supplier relationship management and contract negotiation skills.
- Time management and strong attention to detail.
- Good communication, presentation and influencing skills.
More than anything, you’ll have a strong work ethic, a positive attitude, and a drive to provide high quality outcomes for the Social Infrastructure and Citizen Services business unit and our clients.
Why work for us?
Working for the Social Infrastructure and Citizen Services business unit means being part of something new and exciting. With a bright future ahead of us, you find purpose here and have the opportunity to directly impact and contribute positively to our future. You’ll also find a range of benefits available such as:
- Training and development to support your career.
- Internal career opportunities across the Downer Group business
- Affordable healthcare covers, discounted car purchase and rental (with selected brands), and other retail discounts.
- An Employee Assistance Program providing access to professionals to support you (and your family) to achieve your personal or professional goals through wellbeing coaching, counselling, financial advice, legal advice and more.
This exciting role offers you the opportunity to work in a dynamic environment with a highly successful organisation. If you are passionate about what you do and motivated to succeed, then apply now.
Downer Group is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive culture. We do not discriminate on the basis of gender, race, religion, colour, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability. Accordingly, we encourage applications from people of diverse backgrounds, including First Nations People and those from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.