Mechanical Fitter - Surat Basin
Location: Brisbane, Roma
Job Type: Full time
Downer is seeking experienced Mechanical Fitters for a project in the Surat Basin. This is a Full-Time position taking you well into 2024, operating on a highly desirable 14/14 roster. Flying you in and out of Brisbane, you will be required to work throughout the Gas Fields with the work scope consisting of installation and maintenance on Wellhead surface infrastructure and compression facilities.
What we offer
- Attractive Base Rate + Penalties + Allowances
- FIFO from Brisbane and camp accommodation onsite
- Full Time on-going role
- A dynamic team environment and supportive culture, with a strong focus on health and safety
- 11-hour days
About the role
- Trade qualified Fitter with Flange management experience
- Hold an HR Drivers Licence, High Risk Licence with WP, LF, Working at Heights (within 2years) and Construction Induction/White Card
- Strong heavy industrial background, with previous Oil & Gas upstream knowledge
- Ability to read isometrics & P&ID’s, along with basic computer skills
- Commitment to Zero Harm
- Good communication skills, strong work ethic and be able to work independently as well as a part of a team
Downer’s Industrial & Energy business supports our customers with long-term, relationship-based contracts where we seek to help customers optimise the reliability, efficiency, sustainability and whole-of-life performance of their assets. At the centre of everything we do, is the I&E Edge – four key foundational areas of Engagement, Delivery, Governance, and Excellence. We believe our culture reflects our leadership, and the core belief that respected, engaged people achieve great things.
This appealing role offers you the opportunity to work in a dynamic environment and develop your career within a highly successful national business.
Successful applicants will be offered a competitive remuneration package. Please note all offers of employment are subject to satisfying the Project minimum requirements as well as 'Fitness for Work' requirements.
HOW TO APPLY
As an employer who embraces equal opportunity and promotes diversity, we encourage men and women of all ages and backgrounds, including Indigenous Australians to apply.
To apply for the above position, please go to the "Apply Now" link.
For further information email Mat.Carney@downergroup.com. Please be advised that email applications will not be accepted.
WE RESPECTFULLY REQUEST NO RECRUITMENT AGENCY APPROACHES