Location: Gold Coast
Job Type: Full time
Gold Coast Infrastructure Solutions (GCIS) is a Joint Venture between Downer and Ventia that has recently been awarded an exciting 10-year contract to deliver water and wastewater repairs and maintenance services, and renewals project works for the City of Gold Coast.
The Maintenance Foreman supports the coordination and supervision of work, ensuring all quality, cost and time parameters are met and completed. The Forman works with Supervisor to engage with the greater Joint-Venture teams, ensuring the smooth delivery of all maintenance works.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Support the crew in delivering the day-to-day activities, ensuring compliance with statutory requirements, organisational policies, procedures and standards.
- Engage with Planners and Project Managers to ensure appropriate scheduling of resources, plant, equipment and materials.
- Act as an escalation point for issues from crews.
- Lead and model a positive and empowered safety culture through GCI’s human-centred, learning-focused approach.
- Coach and develop new team members in processes, systems and network knowledge.
- Foreman experience in a maintenance environment (Water industry experience highly advantageous).
- Experience coordinating works in a high-volume environment.
- Qualifications in Leadership & Management (desirable but not essential).
- Excellent time management and organisational skills.
- Good communication and stakeholder management skills.
WHAT WE OFFER
- Permanent role in a long-term partnership contract.
- A suite of benefits including health and wellness initiatives.
- Career growth working within a Joint Venture between two industry leaders and ASX listed companies.
- Competitive remuneration with ongoing training and support.
- Interesting and varied work, with support from a wider network of water industry professionals within Downer and Ventia’s expansive water businesses.
- The opportunity to work on the picturesque Gold Coast and enjoy the many lifestyle benefits it has to offer.
For further information contact:
Julia Juricic | Recruitment and Sourcing Business Partner | Julia.Juricic@downergroup.com
Applications will not be accepted via email. Please submit your application via the advertisement.
Downer is recruiting for GCI Solutions on behalf of the JV partners. To maintain our employment balance across the Joint Venture, applicant information may be shared between the partners, and roles may transfer to the other partner. When you apply for this role with GCIS via Downer, you will be asked to provide consent to your information being shared for the purposes of application and assessment and possible employment. You may be contacted by a representative from the Downer or Ventia recruitment teams regarding your application.