Location: North Sydney
Job Type: Full time
Downer is the leading provider of integrated services in Australia and New Zealand. Through trusted relationships and world leading insight we work closely with our customers to design, build and sustain assets, infrastructure and facilities.
Our long history of delivering transport infrastructure projects under a variety of contracting models. Services include the design and construction of light rail, heavy rail, bridge and roads, as well as track and station work, signalling and rail safety technology.
Due to continued growth in the Infrastructure market we are looking for a Project Engineer to provide engineering support and project management. Your responsibilities will include, but not limited to the following,
- Oversee project work methods and performance and implement corrective actions for efficient utilisation of plant and labour
- Prepare project plans which include safety, quality and environmental considerations
- Investigate and provide assistance with general engineering technical issues whilst identifying project risks and opportunities
- Assist with budget development, project forecasting and achieving financial targets
- Identification of plant, labour, material and subcontract resources
- Manage and lead personnel, and prioritise work efficiently
What we’re seeking from the candidate is
- Degree qualifications or an equivalent in your relevant field or work, Civil Engineering.
- solutions focused
- Working knowledge and understanding of OH&S and employee relations legislation
- Demonstrated capability in Civil Construction with exposure to major rail infrastructure projects;
- Management experience (general and operational)
- Proven experience working for a Tier 1 or Tier 2 major civil contractor desirable but not essential;
- Have a passion for delivering a superior service for our customers and the communities that we operate in;
- Zero Harm – Core Value
- Excellent communication and stakeholder engagement skills
- Strong facilitation and influencing skills
- Organisational skills with high attention to detail
- Project planning; organisational and time management
- Ability to work autonomously and within a team
What We Offer:
- We are all different. That is why Downer is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive culture that promotes the skills and insights of all its people irrespective of their gender, ethnicity, ability, age or sexual orientation.
- An opportunity to work for a major ASX listed company that continues to grow through major organic growth, project wins and acquisitions.
- The unique opportunity to work in an organisation where the safety of our people and the environment is at the forefront of all that we do
- A supportive and dynamic team environment.
- Training and Development to support your career with us.
- A range of financial benefits to support your financial needs and to recognise your commitment to your work.
- Due to our company size, we can provide access to a variety of benefits at incredible discounts to support you and your family’s lifestyle needs.
- Zero Harm is embedded in Downer's culture and is fundamental to the company's future success. We believe that physical and mental wellbeing of our employees is instrumental in our journey towards excellence. We therefore try to reinforce this philosophy through various employee support programs and offerings to assist you and your family's healthy lifestyle.
How to Apply:
To apply for this great opportunity please click the apply button.
For more information please contact Chris Petras on email@example.com
Applications will not be accepted via email. Please submit your application via the advertisement.
No agency CV’s please.