Job Type: Casual
Electrical Fitters required at our Preston facility.
Downer Rail & Transit Systems business has a wide portfolio of projects currently in delivery nationally. RTS leverages the in-house capabilities within Downer to offer integrated solutions covering rollingstock, infrastructure, rail systems, operations and maintenance, as well as system integration. We are currently seeking experienced Electrical Fitters to join our team based in East Preston, Victoria Casual contract with ongoing day and afternoon shifts.
About the role:
Our Electrical Fitters form a key component of the Downer Rail and Transit Reworks team and will be primarily responsible for the modifications of new and refurbished Rollingstock.
Specific desired skills and experience:
- Trade qualified – in Electrical Fitting
- Background in manufacturing and/or production
- Understand build plan work- work towards a schedule.
- Knowledge and understanding in Schematics.
- Previous experience as a Trade Assistant desirable
- Ability to work unsupervised and be a hands-on team player.
- Proven ability to organise and priorities tasks.
- Flexible and resourceful
- Strong communication skills.
Downer Group believes that our employees are fundamental to the culture and success of the company. Our people enjoy working for us because we offer a challenging, diverse but rewarding work environment. Downer takes pride in being an employer of choice taking responsibility and accountability for the care and protection of peers, the business, the communities and the environment in which we operate.
- The opportunity to work within an energetic, highly skilled team.
- Work with a large, well-respected organisation that is continuing to grow.
- A workplace focused on Zero Harm; safety is at the core of everything we do.
- Applications will not be accepted via email , please apply via the link. For further information, please email Angela.Versace@downergroup.com
- The selection process will commence prior to the closing date
- Employment with Downer is subject to a pre-employment medical and on-going drug and alcohol screening.