Delivery & Operations Manager
Location: Hawke's Bay
Job Type: Full time
Te kōwhiringa | The Opportunity
A fantastic opportunity has come up for an experienced Delivery and Operations Manager to join the Ahuriri Alliance team based in Napier. As a core member of the Alliance Management Team, you will support the Alliance in delivering customer-orientated transportation solutions for Napier City stakeholders that are delivered in a professional manner, with service excellence, while maintaining a positive public profile.
Your primary focus will be on the leadership and organisation of the Delivery & Operations team, working collaboratively with the Planning and Performance teams to confirm and prioritise projects as required, and to plan and lead the maintenance workload as programmed. The Ahuriri Alliance has a strong and unique culture and while you will excel at operational delivery, key will be how you fit into the Alliance, how you create effective operational structures within your team and how you then lead and develop a strong and motivated team. With your leadership and guidance, your team will develop and maintain an aptitude for planning and execution with safety, quality and productivity in mind. All with the aim of achieving superior results for our stakeholders.
Nga pūkenga matua | Important Skills
You’ll be a strong collaborative leader who strives for excellence and balances it with your adaptable communication style in motivating your team and driving them to success. You’ll have experience managing multiple projects from start to finish with your team. You will also:
- Hold a tertiary qualification or equivalent in Civil Engineering and/or significant relevant experience.
- Proven track record of project/operational management and delivery across multiple sectors. Road Maintenance experience would be preferable.
- Some understanding of Asset Management principles, knowledge and experience would be beneficial.
- Bring strong commercial and financial acumen.
- Proven ability to collaborate and drive performance from your team.
Ko te take ka parekareka e koe ki te mahi ki kōnei | Why you will enjoy working here
Downer is committed to delivering excellence by ensuring our people have the environment and the means to be successful. We offer:
- Company vehicle plus competitive renumeration package
- Free access to Marram health care benefits and discounted holiday homes
- Discounts for Samsung, Repco, PB Tech, Gym memberships and more!
- $500 bonus for current employees who refer a friend to Downer
- Great promotion and career development opportunities
Have a look at our other great benefits here!
Me pēhea ki te tono | How to apply
If this sounds like the opportunity for you, click Apply Now to submit your application! The reference number for this role is 603832.
We are committed to a safe working environment for everyone - all successful applicants will be required to undertake a pre-employment drug test, medical and a Ministry of Justice check prior to starting employment. If you need support with this requirement, please talk to our team.