Wastewater Operator - Stewart Island
Job Type: Full time
Ko te take ka parekareka e koe ki te mahi ki konei | Why you will enjoy working here
Downer maintains longstanding contracts and significant operation expertise to over a quarter of New Zealanders. We are proud to be working together with the Southland District Council on the 3 Waters Operations and Maintenance Contract which manages the reticulation network, stormwater and wastewater treatment plants, renewal and capital programmes for the Southland region.
The position of Wastewater Operator will be permanently based on the picturesque Stewart Island. The island is an attractive regional location that combines all the features of tranquillity of outdoor living where you can immerse yourself in a breathtaking workplace nestled amid stunning bays, golden beaches, and lush hillsides.
Te kowhiringa | The Opportunity
We offer you the opportunity to join our diverse and inclusive culture. We provide comprehensive training to meet the stringent criteria of our industry coupled with a competitive remuneration package reflective of your skills and experience. Relocation assistance will be considered if required.
The role will entail working independently on the island delivering the most efficient and quality - driven service to our clients. Key duties include routine and planned maintenance on Wastewater Treatment & Reticulation assets such as air valves, pressure mains, pump stations and treatment plants.
- Living on Stewart Island which is famous for their wildlife populations, awesome trails and the best fish and chips in the country!
- Opportunity to be a part of the great outdoors experience everything from Hiking, Tramping, Fishing, Jet Boating and Rafting, right on your doorstep
- All tools of trade provided including a vehicle, laptop and mobile phone
- Relocation assistance on offer
- Able to work from home and managing your own workload and travel to and from the plant
- Great promotion and career development opportunities
- Discounts for Health Insurance, Samsung, Repco, PB Tech, Gym memberships and more.
Nga pukenga matua | Important Skills
To be successful in this role you need to be adaptable and flexible in your work approach with a strong customer service focus and a 100% commitment to Health and Safety. The following qualifications would be highly regarded but not essential as training and upskilling maybe provided:
- NZ Certificate in Wastewater Treatment Level 4 (or working towards relevant qualification) or,
- NZ Certificate in Infrastructure Works (Pipeline Construction and Maintenance) Level 4 or,
- Have a relevant engineering, mechanical or 3Waters trade qualification or relevant experience, such as plumbing or drain laying.
- Full New Zealand Class 1 and Class 2 Drivers Licence.
Ko wai matou | Our Organisation
Want to know more about what it is like to work at Downer? Then head to our People Site http://people.downergroup.co.nz
Me pehea ki te tono | How to apply
If this sounds like the opportunity for you, click Apply Now to submit your application! The reference number for this role is #603560.
We are committed to a safe working environment for everyone - all successful applicants will be required to undertake a pre-employment drug test, medical and a Ministry of Justice check prior to starting employment. If you need support with this requirement, please speak to our team.