Regional Construction Manager
Location: Hawke's Bay
Job Type: Full time
Te kōwhiringa | The Opportunity
The Hawke's Bay Construction business is looking for a highly motivated Regional Construction Manager to take ownership and manage a successful team. It’s not for the faint-hearted – we’re looking for an effective business leader and communicator who’s not afraid of challenges.
This is an exciting opportunity to lead our high performing Hawke's Bay based Construction teams. Bring your strong civil construction and leadership experience to the fore and make this role your own. The team have a solid forward workload, with many exciting projects in the pipeline to keep you and the team busy.
About the role:
In this key leadership role as part of our local Transport team, you’ll work with the Regional and Branch Manager along with the Construction Managers, in setting and executing our strategy. You will be responsible for overall operational delivery of construction works within the Hawke’s Bay area.
Your focus will be to promote and drive:
- Our strategic business development for the Hawke's Bay Regional Construction team
- Development of construction capability within the Project Managers and Project Engineers
- Growing the team, in both culture and capability of the team by providing clear and positive leadership
- Work with the Branch & Regional Manager to retain and enhance current business and develop capability to deliver on new business opportunities
- Leadership and provide support across the construction team and associated operational teams to deliver successful outcomes
Nga pūkenga matua | Important Skills
As an experienced Regional Project Manager, you’ll bring a proven record of putting people first through providing decisive and inclusive leadership to your teams and the wider business. You’ll also have:
- Strategic planning skills, focused on delivering BAU with excellence whilst growing our market
- Strong communication skills including the ability to build and maintain relationships, internal and externally
- A collaborative approach and ability to engage at all levels of the business
- Demonstrated capability in financial and performance management
- Extensive construction experience in delivering contracts including demonstrated capability in commercial acumen, project controls, programme management and resource planning.
Ko te take ka parekareka e koe ki te mahi ki kōnei | Why you will enjoy working here
Downer is committed to delivering excellence by ensuring our people have the environment and the means to be successful. We offer:
- Company vehicle
- Free access to Marram health care benefits and discounted holiday homes
- Discounts for Samsung, Repco, PB Tech and more!
- $500 bonus for current employees who refer a friend to Downer
- Great promotion and career development opportunities
Have a look at our other great benefits here!
Me pēhea ki te tono | How to apply
If this sounds like the opportunity for you, click Apply Now to submit your application! The reference number for this role is 603878
We are committed to a safe working environment for everyone - all successful applicants will be required to undertake a pre-employment drug test, medical and a Ministry of Justice check prior to starting employment. If you need support with this requirement, please talk to our team.