Quality Manager - Rollingstock
Job Type: Full time
Downer Rail and Transit Systems (RTS) is proud to be a leading provider of Rollingstock assets and management in Australia. Through trusted relationships and specialist capabilities our business works closely with our customers to support them in optimising the reliability, efficiency, and lifecycle of their critical assets.
Due to continued growth, we are on the lookout for a detailed Quality Manager to join our high performing team in Maryborough, QLD. This role provides an exciting opportunity to progress your career with a market leading organisation
As the Quality Manager, you will provide significant contribution to the development, implementation and continuous improvement of operations at Downer Rail facilities in Queensland. This will be achieved through increasing a compliance culture at site by facilitating, consulting, mentoring and directing relevant department heads and personnel as to the requirements of the Downer Rail business management system and its link to the customer requirements.
What you will bring to the team:
- Degree qualified in Engineering or Engineering Trade Certificate
- 6+ years of relevant experience in QA/ QC activities in a heavy industry
- Detailed knowledge of quality standards and processes
- Demonstrated knowledge implementing standards and risk management principles
- Thorough knowledge of Quality Management and ISO9001 and proven ability to manage a quality system in an operational or production environment
- Demonstrated ability to interpret data, prepare reports, develop strategic initiatives.
- Highly developed stakeholder management skills and experience working with senior management, general management, technical experts and industry professionals.
What we offer:
- Excellent career progression opportunities
- Competitive remuneration, with on-going training and support
- Employee benefits and wellness program
- The opportunity to work within an energetic, highly skilled team
- An opportunity to make an impact with a growing and forward-thinking company
- A strong commitment to Zero Harm environment for all our employees and visitors
- An opportunity to work with an ASX Listed Company
Downer is dedicated to nurturing our people personally and professionally through skills development, competitive benefits, career pathways and fostering a proudly diverse and supportive workplace culture.
Our foundry in Maryborough has been the heart of the historic QLD city for over 150 years. We are a proud part of the Fraser Coast community and actively engage with local Butchulla elders to promote cultural inclusion initiatives. We believe in diversity and creating a personal and welcoming environment for everyone on our sites.
If this sounds like your next exciting role with an ASX listed organisation, then we would love to hear from you! APPLY NOW or for further information please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications will not be accepted via email, please apply via the link.
Downer does not accept any unsolicited resume referrals from Recruitment Agencies.
Notwithstanding the location of this position, all qualified Australian citizens and permanent residents from all locations are encouraged to apply.