Senior Quantity Surveyor
Location: Auckland, Auckland
Job Type: Full time
Ko te take ka parekareka e koe ki te mahi ki kōnei | Why you will enjoy working here
Downer is committed to delivering excellence by ensuring our people have the environment and the means to be successful.
We also offer:
- Free access to Marram health care benefits and discounted holiday homes.
- Discounts for Samsung, Repco, PB Tech, Gym memberships and more!
- $500 bonus for current employees who refer a friend to Downer.
- Progression and development programs on offer including our inspiring leader’s programme for top performers.
Have a look at our other great benefits here!
Te kōwhiringa | The Opportunity
The Quantity Surveyor will work with the Project Manager to create a no-surprises environment by:
- Ensuring a consistent and sound commercial approach is applied to all site operations of the project;
- Managing the contractual and financial aspects of the project;
- Managing client and other stakeholder interfaces, facilitating the resolution of contractual issues.
- Providing early warning of unexpected financial outcomes.
Other duties include:
- Commercial Management - Ensure a consistent and sound commercial approach is applied to all project operations in accordance with Downer New Zealand Limited policies.
- Contract Management - Ensure that sufficient evidence through survey is gathered to support claims and variations.
- Financial Management - Ensure project systems and controls are in place, are consistent and sound to effectively protect staff, Downer New Zealand Limited assets and others.
- People Management and Development - Promote and maintain at all times a safety and quality focus amongst staff. Be aware of and apply as appropriate all related Downer New Zealand Limited policies.
- Safety, Environment, Quality & Risk Management (Zero Harm) - Support, implement and adhere to H&S policies and procedures.
Nga pūkenga matua | Important Skills
You will need a proven work ethic, in addition to:
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- BSc, National Diploma or equivalent in Quantity Surveying or Civil Engineering
- Sound understanding and application of NZS3910 and sister documents
- Fully conversant with all aspects of contractual management, interim and final progress payments, measurement, record keeping, contract variations and the like.
- Ability to work under pressure in a fully integrated team environment;
- At least 5 years site experience on infrastructure projects valued greater than NZ$10M as the commercial lead both upstream and downstream
- The flexibility to be mobile as working on projects outside your home base will be required from time to time.
Ko wai mātou | Our Organisation
Want to know more about what it is like to work at Downer? Then head to our People Site here!
Me pēhea ki te tono | How to apply
If this sounds like the opportunity for you, click Apply Now to submit your application! The reference number for this role is 603507