Regional Manager- Manawatu
Job Type: Full time
Te kōwhiringa | The Opportunity
This is a career defining opportunity to make a real difference to a large successful organisation in a senior leadership role. Reporting to the General Manager - Central Transport and Infrastructure, and based in our Palmerston North branch, this senior leadership role will provide effective area wide leadership ensuring a highly motivated and productive field leadership team are consistently delivering services for Downer’s Transport & Infrastructure clients.
About the role:
As Regional Manager, you will have a key leadership role focused on developing and implementing strategies to ensure profitable growth across all businesses in your area. Success will be measured by delivering results in the following:
- Developing local business opportunities through having a strong focus on the customer
- Collaborating within and across multi-functional teams from different parts of the business
- Undertaking profitable contracting operations
- Ensuring sound financial and business practices are applied to all area operations consistent with Company policy and business systems
- Enhancing human resource competencies to ensure the ongoing success of the business into the future
- Developing a Zero Harm culture in all that we do
Nga pūkenga matua | Important Skills
The role is suited to a person with strong emotional intelligence, passion and drive; smarts and commercial acumen; courage; a collaborative and team based focus; clear demonstration of Zero Harm commitment; a proven track record of operational excellence and delivering on operational promises and commercial outcomes.
We are looking for dynamic and inspirational leadership. The right candidate will have proven management experience with responsibility and accountability for staff, plant and return on investment. It is desirable that you hold a tertiary qualification or equivalent in engineering or business management or equivalent experience
It is essential that you have the following;
- Proven experience in delivering complex maintenance and operations services, preferably from construction and infrastructure sectors
- Experience in working at a senior leadership team level internally and with customers.
- The ability to create and deliver a strong customer focus culture
- High levels of emotional intelligence and a demonstrated ability to get the best out of a team
- Ability to work under pressure in a fully integrated team environment
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and an ability to influence
- Proven experience of business development in a commercial environment
Ko te take ka parekareka e koe ki te mahi ki kōnei | Why you will enjoy working here
Downer is committed to delivering excellence by ensuring our people have the environment and the means to be successful. We offer:
- Competitive renumeration package + Company vehicle
- Free access to Marram health care benefits and discounted holiday homes
- Discounts for Samsung, Repco, PB Tech, Gym memberships and more!
- $500 bonus for current employees who refer a friend to Downer
- Great promotion and career development opportunities
Have a look at our other great benefits here!
Ko wai mātou | Our Organisation
Want to know more about what it is like to work at Downer? Then head to our People Site here!
Me pēhea ki te tono | How to apply
If this sounds like the opportunity for you, click Apply Now to submit your application! The reference number for this role is 604070
We are committed to a safe working environment for everyone - all successful applicants will be required to undertake a pre-employment drug test, medical and a Ministry of Justice check prior to starting employment. If you need support with this requirement, please talk to our team.