Job Type: Full time
The Product Development Hub is the Australian arm of Road Science (a Downer Company). This hub formerly known as the National Research and Development Laboratory is a flagship research facility, developing and supporting R&D which primarily consults Downer's Transport and Infrastructure operations that build and maintain over 40,000 km of roads nationally. We pride ourselves as leaders in the industry for innovation, technology and sustainability evidenced by initiatives such as Reconophalt and HaulPac.
We are currently seeking a Quality Coordinator to join our successful Product Development team based in Somerton, VIC . Reporting to the Product Development Team Leader, the Quality Coordinator will be responsible for the maintenance and improvement of existing quality systems, the implementation of new quality systems, and engaging in business improvement initiatives. This role will also provide support to other relevant business units within Transport & Infrastructure by ensuring the technical functions are acting ethically with utmost integrity and complying to quality systems set out by Downer, ISO/IEC, AS, NATA, IANZ, ilac-MRA and others as relevant.
What You'll Bring
- A Tertiary Qualification in Science, Engineering or Materials (minimum).
- Proven knowledge and experience in the requirements of NATA or similar Accreditation Body in laboratory operations.
- Demonstrable and successful experience working with compliance, maintaining, and improving upon the Quality Systems of a laboratory (advantageous if it is an Engineering Laboratory).
- High level of proficiency in the use of Microsoft programs and apps including Office, Power BI, Power Apps and SharePoint Online.
- Knowledge in one of the following areas: Soils, Pavement Materials & Stabilisation Technologies, Bituminous Binders, Bituminous Emulsions, Asphalt Materials, Pavement Preservation Technologies, Product Design and Formulation (desirable).
- Experience providing support to the laboratory staff or representative in Quality Systems audits (i.e. by NATA, ISO/IEC, IANZ, or other authorities).
- Ability to understand complex information to develop and implement updates to the Laboratory Quality System to comply with ongoing accreditation updates and any post-audit findings.
- A strong safety focus - actively participating in and supporting Downer Zero Harm initiatives and strategies.
What We Offer
- A highly supportive, team-oriented organisation.
- Competitive remuneration with ongoing training and support.
- Job security with an iconic Australian business.
- Suite of benefits including health and wellness initiatives.
- The opportunity to contribute to further innovation and fostering change.
- A strong commitment to maintaining a Zero Harm environment for all our employees and visitors.
- The chance to build your professional career in a multi-disciplined business environment.
At Downer, our approach to diversity is what sets us apart. Our people can be their best by bringing their most authentic selves to work every day. We are dedicated to building a diverse and inclusive workplace, so if you're excited about this role and your experience doesn't align perfectly, we encourage you to apply anyway. You may just be the right candidate for this or other roles.
To apply for this exciting opportunity, please click "Apply" and submit your application along with a copy of your resume. For more information, please contact Melanie French - Talent & Sourcing Business Partner at E: Melanie.French@downergroup.com
Please note emailed applications will NOT be accepted.