Kerb and Channel labourer
Job Type: Full time
Ko te take ka parekareka e koe ki te mahi ki kōnei | Why you will enjoy working here
Downer is committed to delivering excellence by ensuring our people have the environment and the means to be successful. We offer:
- Free access to Marram health care benefits and discounted holiday homes
- All tools of trade you need to do your job
- Discounts for Samsung, Repco, PB Tech, Gym membership and more!
- Great promotion and career development opportunities
Have a look at our other great benefits here!
Te kōwhiringa | The Opportunity
We have an exciting opportunity for a Kerb and Channel Labourer in Wellington to join our team. Working closely with an experienced crew, this hands-on role will provide you with exposure to a number of varied and interesting projects.
In this position, you will be involved in the general operation of hand tools, trucks and machinery as well as some day to day manual labouring duties on site. You will be responsible for:
- Liaising with the various business within the depots and helping wherever necessary
- Helping with safe site setup for your crew and the general public
- Ensuring efficient use of materials, supplies and equipment
- Working as part of a cohesive team to deliver projects
- Ensuring that the depot yards are kept in order
- Being open and willing to develop your skillset and advance your career
Nga pūkenga matua | Important Skills
Ideally, you’ll have experience within the construction or civil space and will have a general idea of how projects run/operational divisions are run. In addition to this, you will:
- Be ambitious and eager to learn
- You will champion health and safety and act as a role model for others
- Be willing to travel around the region if and when necessary
- Have a full class 1 license or above (WTR endorsements would be advantageous).
- Concrete experience would be beneficial
Ko wai mātou | Our Organisation
Want to know more about what it is like to work at Downer? Then head to our People Site here!
Me pēhea ki te tono | How to apply
If this sounds like the opportunity for you, click Apply Now to submit your application! The reference number for this role is 603886.
We are committed to a safe working environment for everyone - all successful applicants will be required to undertake a pre-employment drug test, medical and a Ministry of Justice check prior to starting employment. If you need support with this requirement, please talk to our team.