Project Manager - Substation Construction Projects
Job Type: Full time
Downer is the leading provider of integrated services in Australia and New Zealand. Through trusted relationships and world leading insight we work closely with our customers to design, build and sustain assets, infrastructure, and facilities. Our reputation for engineering excellence is backed by the scale and strength of our extensive in-house design teams. Our teams are engaged early to provide a full suite of end-to-end services spanning design, procurement, project management, construction, commissioning and complete operations for large scale, complex infrastructure projects. Our unique structure as an integrated D&C contractor gives our engineering staff the unique opportunity to move from the design office, to site, and back again, with the satisfaction of seeing colleagues in the delivery teams build and what they design.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Our Power Systems Business have an opportunity for a seasoned Project Manager to join the team in Brisbane to manage a Program of Works and contribute to Substation Construction projects.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Responsible for the Management of Projects providing leadership to the allocated delivery teams to contribute towards the safe, cost effective, quality provision of service of construction of electrical infrastructure projects that meet client requirements, KPIs, financial targets in accordance with the Downer delivery model.
Reporting into the Program Manager you will be managing substation projects working closely with a team of construction managers, project engineers, crew leaders, technical and support staff to efficiently deliver projects.
Specific accountabilities include:
- Proactively and visibly promote and drive a Zero Harm culture, guiding and coaching others.
- Responsible to implement and contribute to the development of project delivery plans to manage and control projects for Power Projects.
- Report on project weekly and monthly business KPI’s.
- Provide leadership & direction to achieve project objectives (includes standards and procedures and provide advice regarding technical issues)
- Motivate team members to achieve business objectives.
- Work in accordance with Downer’s values and demonstrate commitment, active involvement and leadership regarding zero harm, client, people and financial accountabilities.
- Manage project in accordance with the Downer Project Management Delivery model.
- Support the estimating team to ensure robust tender inputs and provide support through Downer Governance reviews to ensure best practice estimating.
- Maintain and foster regular client relationships / dialogue and market the business and services.
- Trade or Engineering background (Electrical) with Diploma in Project Management as well as possessing relative industry experience in the delivery of Electrical Utilities projects.
- Knowledge of construction work practices and processes.
- Familiar with estimating and project management procedures and their implementation, and a willingness to conform to Downers procedures.
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to read and understand engineering drawings.
- High level of computer literacy in the use of Microsoft Office packages.
- Ability to provide estimating inputs for HV Substation Construction Infrastructure Projects with a knowledge of Powerlink Substations an advantage.
This position is based in the Brisbane office with travel to site as required.
WHAT WE OFFER
- Suite of benefits including health and wellness initiatives
- Personalised career growth working with an industry leader.
- Competitive remuneration with on-going training and support
- Safety focused culture working within in leading services industry.
- Management support coupled with ongoing training and mentoring.
- Career enhancing opportunity to work within an ASX limited company.
For more information about this position please contact Claire Venter – Recruitment & Sourcing Business Partner at firstname.lastname@example.org
Our focus on gender and cultural inclusiveness is active and ongoing, and through various initiatives we aim to help close the gap.