Construction Manager - Substation Construction Projects
Job Type: Full time
Downer is the leading provider of integrated services in Australia and New Zealand. Through trusted relationships and world leading insight we work closely with our customers to design, build and sustain assets, infrastructure, and facilities. Our reputation for engineering excellence is backed by the scale and strength of our extensive in-house design teams. Our teams are engaged early to provide a full suite of end-to-end services spanning design, procurement, project management, construction, commissioning and complete operations for large scale, complex infrastructure projects. Our unique structure as an integrated D&C contractor gives our engineering staff the unique opportunity to move from the design office, to site, and back again, with the satisfaction of seeing colleagues in the delivery teams build and what they design.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Downer has an opportunity for an experienced Construction Manager to join the Power Systems team leading projects in the QLD region. As an experienced Construction Manager in substations construction, you will be reporting into the Project Manager and will be an integral part of a site-based project team.
Specific accountabilities include:
- Management and supervision of subcontractors, supervisors & field staff
- Leads delivery team and ensure quality delivery of planning, scheduling according to project requirements.
- Ensure project documents are complete and to document control standard
- Lead by example and continually promote relevant aspects of Zero Harm when engaging with operational teams
- Contributes to development of project strategy, business plan and budget
- Engage with client & supplier personnel on a regular basis to develop and foster long-term working relationships.
To be successful in this role, you should have construction management experience within the power systems space. You will have an Electrical Fitters Mechanic license with a certificate IV in WH&S preferred.
Prior experience in substation construction projects within a TNSP is preferred. You should have demonstrable experience in construction management, risk management, procurement management, zero harm, quality and environmental management. Working within a team environment is essential and providing strong people and subcontractor management experience is needed.
WHAT WE OFFER
- An opportunity to work for a major ASX listed company.
- The ability to build your professional career in a multi-disciplined business environment.
- A supportive and dynamic team environment.
- A workplace that takes responsibility and accountability for the care and protection of peers, the business, the communities in which we operate, and the environment.
- Lifestyle, financial, health and wellbeing employee benefits
This position is a FIFO / DIDO Site based role with a site uplift of 15%. The roster is 10 days on and 4 days off with a daily LAHA allowance of $275 (tax free)
WHAT WE OFFER
- Suite of benefits including health and wellness initiatives
- Personalised career growth working with an industry leader.
- Competitive remuneration with on-going training and support
- Safety focused culture working within in leading services industry.
- Management support coupled with ongoing training and mentoring.
- Career enhancing opportunity to work within an ASX limited company.
For more information about this position please contact Claire Venter – Recruitment & Sourcing Business Partner at firstname.lastname@example.org
Our focus on gender and cultural inclusiveness is active and ongoing, and through various initiatives we aim to help close the gap.