Network and Systems Engineering Manager
Job Type: Full time
- Work on leading edge projects for Defence and non-Defence engagements
- Work with purpose delivering critical defence projects and programs for Australia
- Investment in you - learning opportunities, experienced mentors and accessible leadership
At DPS, you’ll find purpose, impact and huge opportunity. Join us and help make it happen.
A real endeavour, achieved with you
As Australia’s multi-disciplinary advisory and business partner of choice for clients in defence, government and infrastructure, we deliver complex things that matter. It's not always an easy task, but anything worthwhile seldom is. Great things are rarely accomplished alone. We’re building something remarkable. Now we just need you.
A real endeavour, shaped by you
We’re proud of all we’ve achieved so far but there’s still much more to do. We are working with a government agency on a capability upgrade program. Your role as Network and Systems Engineering Manager will provide systems and system-of-systems engineering advice, integration and dependency analysis, and conducting research.
In this senior role, you will lead complex activities and tasks relating to requirements development, system definition, design and development, integration, verification and validation. This person will plan, organise, integrate and deliver complex systems engineering services and products, whilst working cohesively and flexibly with the broader project team, key business partners and stakeholder groups.
A real endeavour, driven by you
Our work is highly complex and confidential, so there are some things you must have to fulfil this role:
- A seasoned Systems Engineering Manager, with a firm understanding of ICT Infrastructure, security principles, practices and technologies in both physical and virtual environments
- Demon Demonstrated knowledge and experience in the development of software and the usage of languages including C, Perl, SOAP/SAML, Java, and Bash/Python.
- Current TSPV or held TSPV in the last 12 months. PA preferred but not essential
More than anything, you’ll bring a strong work ethic, a positive attitude, and a drive to manage critical projects and programs that build sovereign capability and deliver complex things that matter.
Why Downer Professional Services?
At DPS, you’ll find the opportunity to build something remarkable. Here are some of the reasons why our people love working here:
Work with purpose. You’ll deliver or enable critical defence projects and programs in Australia, for Australia. Your expertise will help build sovereign capability.
Great projects, influence and impact. You might join us for the projects, but we think you’ll stay for the impact you can have. With high project ownership, agile problem solving and accessible leaders, you can go further at DPS.
Your opportunity to build something remarkable. We’re proud of all we’ve achieved. But there’s much more to do. Together, we’re building a better, stronger, more agile DPS. From process and systems to culture and communications, we're working hard to enable our teams to do their best work, whoever and wherever they are.
We encourage you to join us on our greatest endeavour. We’ll support and recognise your contribution, and you’ll also enjoy a range of benefits including:
- Veteran support initiatives and policies, including up to 20 days of Reservist Leave for veterans to remain connected as they transition out of active service
- An Employee Assistance Program providing access to professionals to support you (and your family) to achieve your personal or professional goals through wellbeing coaching, counselling, financial advice, legal advice and more.
- Affordable healthcare covers, discounted car purchase and rental (with selected brands), and other retail discounts.
To learn more about why our people choose DPS, read some of the stories of incredible people at our website.
Ready to join us on our biggest endeavour?
Take your career to the next level. Apply for this position.
Downer Professional Services is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive culture. We do not discriminate on the basis of gender, race, religion, colour, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability. Accordingly, we encourage applications from people of diverse backgrounds, including First Nations People and those from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.