Road Maintenance Worker
Job Type: Full time
DM Roads is delighted to announce it has recently been awarded the new Victorian Road Maintenance Contract (VRMC) by the Department of Transport. We will deliver routine maintenance, planned maintenance, defect and hazard rectification and emergency response services to more than 8,500 lane kilometres of road in Victoria’s Hume region, stretching from Mitchell Shire on the edge of metropolitan Melbourne to the north-east corner of the State.
We now have an exciting full-time opportunity available for a Road Maintenance Worker to join our Road Maintenance team based out of Shepparton, VIC . In this role you will assist the Road Maintenance team with unsealed road maintenance, pothole patching, asphalt dig outs, bridge maintenance, network inspections, road signage installation and repair, traffic control, litter collection, drain clearing and various other road maintenance activities.
What you’ll bring
- A strong motivation to help our community through quality maintenance practices
- Current Medium Rigid licence (minimum) – MUST be unrestricted
- Construction Induction / White Card (essential)
- Traffic Control tickets (highly regarded)
- Proven ability in the operation of mobile plant, machinery and equipment, particularly within the road maintenance and pavement industry well looked upon
- Availability to work night shift, emergency call outs, and weekends when required
- A commitment to safety and Zero Harm policies
What’s on offer
- The ability to work with a dynamic, data-driven team with an aim to support the Hume Region and our community
- A range of road maintenance related roles with opportunity to grow
- Competitive rates, yearly increases and RDO’s
- Employee benefits & wellness program
- Full training and on-going support,
- Uniforms and protective equipment provided
- A strong health & safety focused environment for all our employees and visitors
At Downer, our approach to diversity is what sets us apart. Our people can be their best by bringing their most authentic selves to work every day. We are dedicated to building a diverse and inclusive workplace, so if you’re excited about this role and your experience doesn’t align perfectly, we encourage you to apply anyway. You may just be the right candidate for this or other roles.
To apply for this great opportunity, please click on "Apply" and submit your application. We do not accept applications via email but for more information, please contact Rebecca Steele – Talent and Sourcing Business Partner at:
Notwithstanding the location of this position, all qualified Australian citizens and permanent residents from all locations are encouraged to apply.