General Manager - Telecommunications
Job Type: Full time
Te kōwhiringa | The Opportunity
Downer is a significant player in the telecommunications industry within New Zealand. From cities to rural communities, from the Chatham Islands to Antarctica, our experts are delivering mobile and broadband coverage to keep communities connected. We are growing our business through delivering consistent service, excellence and by developing inspirational leadership with our people and customers.
Reporting to the Executive General Manager – Telco and Metering, we are seeking a General Manager for our NZ Telecommunications business. This is a significant and challenging senior leadership role for an experienced strategic operations professional. The role is a unique opportunity to shape and lead a well established successful industry leading business. You will champion strategic growth, business development, customer engagement, operational delivery, and commercial performance for all telecommunications contracts.
As a key member of the Telco Senior Leadership team, you will lead from the front in a fast paced and aspirational environment. You are a proven people leader focused on engaging our people and be the employer of choice in the Telco industry. You have demonstrated a strong commitment and delivery to effective Zero Harm practices and developing a strong and sustainable safety culture. As a financially astute business leader your experience will include ownership of commercial and financial outcomes. This position will be based in Auckland, NZ some domestic and international travel (Australia) maybe required.
Nga pūkenga matua | Important Skills
- Experience in a contracted services environment is desirable coupled with a proven track record of achievement in a senior operational management level managing budgets, setting and realisation, preferably within a construction, engineering or utilities environment
- Proven experience in leading operational delivery of vast complex services contracts that span multiple service offerings and a mixed self-perform/construction partner delivery model/s
- Demonstrable experience in a P&L role that has both scale and complexity, with responsibility for financial outcomes (i.e., EBIT, tenure, rebids etc.)
- Leading operational delivery in a construction telco environment to be able to demonstrate a track record of developing a Zero Harm culture, driving operational improvements, leading organisational change, mobilising large contracts
- Prior history of ensuring effective governance and commercial risk management, issues management, and service levels across all work types, customers and projects. Lead contract variations and retention of existing contracts, including effective mobilisations
- Tertiary qualifications in business, operations management, finance, commerce or related discipline capability development.
Ko te take ka parekareka e koe ki te mahi ki kōnei | Why you will enjoy working here
- Suite of benefits including health and wellness initiatives
- Personalised career growth working with an industry leader
- Competitive remuneration including performance bonus (STI)
- An opportunity to impact an organisation on an evolution of change
- Safety focused culture working within in an essential service industry
- Career enhancing opportunity to work within an ASX limited company
- Opportunity to shape strategies and outcomes across the telco business
- Opportunity to be part of the recently merged trans - Tasman Utilities Business.
Ko wai mātou | Our Organisation
Want to know more about what it is like to work at Downer? Then head to our People Site here!
Me pēhea ki te tono | How to apply
If this sounds like an opportunity for you, click Apply Now to submit your application! The reference number for this role is 605563.
We are committed to a safe working environment for everyone - all successful applicants will be required to undertake a pre-employment drug test, medical and a Ministry of Justice check prior to starting employment. If you need support with this requirement, please talk to our team.
For more information about this position please contact ANZ – Recruitment Manager – Utilities email@example.com