Location: Lucas Heights
Job Type: Full time
EDL owns and operates a global portfolio of power stations in Australia, North America and Europe. Our vision is to be the leading global producer of sustainable distributed energy. At EDL, we are playing a key role in the world’s transition from traditional energy sources to decarbonised solutions.
Reporting to the Operations Supervisor, our Electricians perform Maintenance and Breakdowns activities to ensure our gas and power plants at our Lucas Heights Gas Power station are performing at an optimum output. This position is a straight day shift with some on call work. The successful electrician will be trained to become a power station operator.
Key responsibilities include:
- Undertake electrical and mechanical fault-finding, repairs and reporting.
- Perform regular inspection and maintenance of fixed plant, engines, gas fields and associated equipment.
- Monitor the process to ensure optimum output.
- Carry out routine housekeeping duties.
- Operate advanced instrumentation and process control systems.
- Utilise the Maintenance Management and Quality Assurance Systems as part of the daily functions.
- Operate gas fuelled power plant, 1000kW spark ignition engines, and all associated power generation equipment.
Qualifications and experience:
- Electrical license (essential)
- First Aid certificate desirable
- Current drivers license is essential
Experience in the following will also be an advantage:
- PLC programming and troubleshooting
- High voltage electrical
- Gas engine experience
EDL is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Successful applicants will be required to undergo medical and background screening prior to commencement with EDL.
Click apply today for consideration!
Applications close when position is filled.