Back Office Satellite Services GW Engineer (Wolumla, NSW)
Job Type: Full time
Our Exciting Opportunity:
Ericsson Australia is growing! As a result, we are now looking for a Satellite Services GW Engineer who will be responsible for supporting a Satellite Services platform related to maintaining satellite ground stations, customer premises satellite equipment and the network supporting them.
In this role, you would:
- Action Trouble Tickets associated with NOC customers to ensure fault clearance performance within SLA timeframe
- Provide on-call support after hours and be able to join technical bridges as required
- Restore service; perform corrective action on time as per customer SLA
- Partner concern of faults to the vendor as required - hardware replacement, software bugs
- Provide support for infrastructures within the Satellite Earth
- Develop and provide ongoing updates on preventative maintenance procedures
- Development of operational procedures/processes based on customer requirements
- Develop and maintain job aids to support Field teams and Front office teams
- Continuously innovate, improve and automate routine tasks
- Produce both regular and ad hoc reports on key performance indicators (KPIs)
- Develop & perform ATP (acceptance test procedures) on new equipment/sites integrated into the network
- Provide semi-formal training and mentoring both within and outside of the team as required
- Assist in the development of the team, both technically and culturally
- Complete Network Outage Reports (NOR) & Service Incident Reports (SIR)
- Perform upgrade and integration work, incorporating writing up the upgrade plan
- Ability to travel interstate at short notice
- Provide recommendations for AOP forecasting
- Develop techniques to trend data to identify network problems and develop processes for network improvement
- Develop & perform regular routine maintenance on system equipment
- Perform L1 maintenance on-site to resolve faults, including facility requests
- Provide on-call to on-site 24x7 support on a rostered basis within customer SLAs
- Maintain all the on-site ‘antennaes’ both electrically and mechanically, managing the maintenance tasks related to all the antennas
- Ad Hoc short-term requirements to support Field Operations for off-site tasks
- Provide regular reporting related to specific site activities
- Maintain the established security and access standards for the site
As our ideal candidate, you will have:
- Tertiary qualifications or equivalent.
- 10 years or more experience and understanding of data transmission over satellite and satellite ground systems, including hardware, software and associated monitoring systems.
- Domain Expert skills in Satellite Earth Station RF Ground Systems.
- Preferred experience in maintaining and operating Satellite Earth Station RF Ground Systems.
- Knowledge of how to use test equipment associated with their technology expertise.
- Familiarity with activation processes.
- Project Management Skills.
- Understanding of ‘Problem Management’ processes and management of Issues.
- Problem-solving and fixing.
- Manage regular interaction with vendors to track issues, resolution of the issues and network implementation of the resolution.
- Preferred, knowledge of programming languages such as C+, Python, Perl, or other, for the development of monitoring tools and reports and for process improvement is preferred
- Good communication skills.
- May need to have police clearance checks.
- Continually grow in self-development of knowledge and expertise in relation to specific site equipment technology such as TWTs, Block Up-converters, LNAs, Block Down-converters, Tracking Servo systems and other RF/Antenna subsystems across multiple vendor equipment located on the sites.
- To be able to safely perform swap-outs of faulty units, realignment to and if required, arrange for the repair of the faulty unit using established processes.
Why Join Ericsson?
At Ericsson, you´ll have an outstanding opportunity. The chance to use your skills and imagination to push the boundaries of what´s possible. To build never seen before solutions to some of the world’s toughest problems. You´ll be challenged, but you won’t be alone. You´ll be joining a team of diverse innovators, all driven to go beyond the status quo to craft what comes next.
What Happens once you apply?
Click Here to find all you need to know about what our typical hiring process looks like.
Encouraging a diverse and inclusive organization is core to our values at Ericsson, that's why we nurture it in everything we do. We truly believe that by collaborating with people with different experiences we drive innovation, which is essential for our future growth. We encourage people from all backgrounds to apply and realize their full potential as part of our Ericsson team.
Ericsson is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, learn more. We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations to all individuals participating in the application and interview process. If you need assistance or to request an accommodation due to a disability please reach out to Contact us.
We are proud to announce at Ericsson Australia, our employees have once again voted us as a Great Place to Work® and we have been officially Certified™ in 2023. Every year, more than 10,000 organizations from over 60 countries partner with the Great Place to Work® Institute for assessment, benchmarking and planning actions to strengthen their workplace culture and this Certification acknowledges our employees value their employee experience and our workplace culture.
Ericsson Australia Employee Benefits
- Wellness: Ericsson Australia offers a variety of programs crafted to support your physical and emotional wellbeing.
- Paid Time Off: We encourage all employees to switch off to recuperate and recharge through paid time off.
- Work Conditions: Looking to find better work / life balance? Speak to us about flexible work arrangements**
- Employee Discounts: We offer employees access to discounted health insurance, groceries and entertainment through our partner providers.
- Employee Development: Working at Ericsson gives you access to Degreed, an integrated learning platform where you can learn, upskill, develop and measure your skills.
- Awards: Ericsson values dedication, and we regularly recognize employee commitment through award programs i.e. service awards and peer recognition.