Data Analyst | Data and Analytics
Job Type: Full time
At EY, you’ll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we’re counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all.
EY DnA is the data and advanced analytics capability within EY Asia-Pacific, with over 500 specialist employees working across multiple industry sectors.
As a Data Analyst, you will support our clients in defining and implementing a data journey aligned with their strategic objectives. Some of your responsibilities will include:
- Be a part of one of our successful delivery teams and get an opportunity to move into a more consultative role working across various data environments and helping our clients solve their business problems with data.
- Be responsible for creating requirement specifications, analysing requirements, creating visual models, facilitating elicitation sessions, and digging around in the data when needed.
- Designing and building reports – capture data requirements for the client and team.
- Creating requirements specifications, analysing requirements, creating visual models, facilitating workshop sessions, and using the necessary business analyst tools.
To qualify for the role, you must have
- Worked in a similar Data Analyst position for at least 3-5 years with a focus on data management, data profiling and data quality
- Ability to understand and identify business rules and processes
- Conducted process mapping and requirements gathering workshops with non-technical stakeholders
- Working with relational databases and database querying languages SQL, PL/SQL, T-SQL
- Knowledge of Data Quality and Profiling/Cleansing
- Have knowledge and experience of all phases of software development including requirements analysis, design, coding, testing, defect management.
- Due to the nature of the client base, you MUST BE an Australian Citizen
Ideally, you’ll also have
- Experience in engaging with both technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Strong consulting experience and background, including engaging directly with clients
- Experience in SAP Finance, Procurement or SAP SuccessFactors HR & Payroll
- Experience in a delivery role on Data Migration, Business Intelligence, Data Warehousing, Big Data or analytics projects
- Ability to problem-solve and think critically
- Technical reconciliation and reporting skills
- Some development experience would be advantageous but not essential
What We Offer
A tech career @ EY means working with 40,000 fellow technologists who are creating cutting edge applications in blockchain, AI, cloud, analytics, robotics and cyber, harnessing tech to power the human enterprise and build a more equitable, sustainable world. We offer world class training and a free Tech MBA to all our people.
Globally at EY, we are committed to offer
- Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
- Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
- Transformative leadership: We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
- Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
We hold a collective commitment to foster an environment where all differences are valued and respected, practices are equitable, and everyone experiences a sense of belonging. If you require any adjustments to the recruitment process in order to equitably participate, we encourage you to advise us at the time of application via email@example.com or phone +61 3 8650 7788 (option 4).
The Exceptional EY Experience. It’s Yours To Build.