Managers and Senior Managers - Audit - Melbourne
Job Type: Full time
At EY, you’ll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we’re counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all.
We are actively recruiting Audit professionals at the Manager / Senior Manager level to join our Audit team in Melbourne. Our Auditor opportunities are offered on a flexible full-time basis. You’ll help our clients meet their reporting requirements by accurately reporting on financial statements and providing meaningful insights into accounting and reporting matters. In return, you can expect leading-edge learning and development tailored to your unique interests and motivations. You’ll be given all the skills, knowledge and opportunities to progress and become ready to build a better working world for our people, our clients and the communities that support us.
Your key responsibilities
- Manage the audit engagement by defining audit strategy, in consultation with the Senior Manager / Partner, and executing it in compliance with our policies and protocol
- Effectively manage the Audit process with appropriate consideration of audit risk issues and accounting technical matters
- Lead and manage fieldwork on clients’ sites including liaising with other departments to ensure the smooth delivery of the Audit process
- Expertise in accounting frameworks (IFRS) and in related financial reporting matters
Skills and attributes for success
To qualify for the role, you must have:
- Proven experience in delivering external audit and assurance engagements
- Experience leading the planning, execution and reporting on audits
- Proven track record with developing and maintaining client relationships
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills and a collaborative approach to management
Ideally, you’ll also have:
- At least 7 years’ experience as an auditor
- A strong academic record, including a degree and progress towards/completion of a recognised accounting qualification (CA, CPA, ACCA)
We hold a collective commitment to foster an environment where all differences are valued and respected, practices are equitable and everyone experiences a sense of belonging. If you require any adjustments to the recruitment process in order to equitably participate, we encourage you to advise us at the time of application via email@example.com or phone +61 3 8650 7788 (option 4).
We understand the importance of social distancing at this time so our recruitment and onboarding process may be managed virtually so we can continue to prioritise the safety and wellbeing of EY people, clients, guests and the broader public.
The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.
EY | Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.
What we offer
- Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way
- Continuous learning: personalised career development including coaching, experiences and formal learning so you’ll develop the mindset and skills you’ll need to thrive in the future
- Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs
At EY, you’ll be rewarded and recognised based on your performance and our comprehensive benefits package can be tailored to your individual needs.