Senior Consultant Insurance - Financial Accounting Advisory Services - FSO
Job Type: Full time
At EY, you’ll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we’re counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all.
We are looking for Senior Consultants to join our Financial Services Office (FSO). We are seeking driven and ambitious people with a good understanding of the insurance industry to play a key role in driving growth by developing new and existing client relationships, supporting highly skilled project teams and delivering a first-class customer experience. The FSO team provides accounting, financial risk, treasury and other advisory services to banking, government and corporate clients and supports other EY service lines in large multi-disciplinary projects. Services include:
- Accounting - interpretation, application and technical guidance on accounting standards
- Finance Technology – working with clients to implement world-class technology solutions to improve the effectiveness and efficiency of Finance and related functions
- Assurance and diligence - various assurance and diligence-based engagements undertaking deep-dives on specific aspects of organisations (e.g. credit and treasury)
Your key responsibilities
- Support various engagements working with a wide range of clients across several industries in the areas outlined above;
- Work on IFRS 17 projects end-to-end, autonomously and in the teams, including defining strategies, solving problems and managing budgets;
- Understand the evolving factors affecting our clients’ businesses and begin to develop a network of your own relationships;
- Take ownership of, prepare and communicate high quality client deliverables;
- Ensure work is delivered in a timely fashion and in compliance with EY policies.
Skills and attributes for success
To qualify for the role you must have:
- Relevant bachelor’s degree and completed professional qualifications relevant to Finance, Risk or Treasury (e.g. CA, CFA or acceptable international equivalent);
- 3-4 years of experience in insurance and insurance-related technical accounting and/or 3-4 years of experience working on insurance audits;
- Good understanding of the Financial Services industry, ideally within Australia and New Zealand;
- Advanced business writing skills and spoken English, including excellent communication and negotiation skills;
- Open to travel for work purposes, flexible with work hours to accommodate project deadlines.
Ideally, you’ll also have:
- Experience in Finance, Wealth, Compliance, Financial Risk environment;
- Experience in external and/or internal audit; and
- Knowledge of contemporary technology tools such as Alteryx, BluePrism, PowerBI or Tableau.
We hold a collective commitment to foster an environment where all differences are valued and respected, practices are equitable and everyone experiences a sense of belonging. If you require any adjustments to the recruitment process in order to equitably participate, we encourage you to advise us at the time of application via email@example.com or phone +61 3 8650 7788 (option 2).
We understand the importance of social distancing at this time so our recruitment and onboarding process may be managed virtually so we can continue to prioritise the safety and wellbeing of EY people, clients, guests and the broader public.
The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.
EY | Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.
What we offer
- Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
- Continuous learning: personalised career development including coaching, experiences and formal learning so you’ll develop the mindset and skills you’ll need to thrive in the future.
- Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
At EY, you’ll be rewarded and recognised based on your performance and our comprehensive benefits package can be tailored to your individual needs.